A NEW APPROACH FOR THE CALCULATION OF HYDRODYNAMIC FORCES ACTING ON LATTICE STEEL STRUCTURES.
- Vocational School of Manisa Technical Sciences, ManisaCelal Bayar University, Turkey.
- ManisaCelal Bayar University, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Turkey.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Thewindforcesactingonthespacelatticestructures are determinedbyconsideringthesolidity ratio dictatedby ANSI/TIA-222-G (Steel AntennaTowers and AntennaSupportingStructures) technicalspecification. This governing methodology for the steady flow conditions was investigated for its applicability for unsteady flow conditions at marine environment. The relation between the solidity ratio and hydrodynamic forces was investigated by utilizing 5 models. The solidity ratio was identified as the ratio of the surface areas of wave ward structural members to the total surface area. ANSYS-Fluent software was used for evaluating the performances of models.Hydrodynamic wave forcesrepresentedbytheStoke?sSecondOrder wave theory. Morisonequationwasemployedtoobtain lateral wave forces. Artificial Neural Network (ANN) with the Levenberg-Marquardt optimization algorithm was used to determine the relation between hydrodynamic forces and various dimensionless parameters: solidity ratio (e),H/(gT2), d/(gT2), (zs/d), (t/T) and project area of sector (A). The performance of the evaluated ANN model indicated that, hydrodynamic forces can be obtained successfully by implementing the solidity ratio.
- ANSYS Fluent Users Guide, pp. 2692, (2013).
- Bea, R.G., Mortazavi, M.M., Loch, K.J., ?Evaluationof storm loadings on and capacities of offshore platforms?, Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering ASCE. 123(2), 73-81, (1997).
- Chakrabarti, S.K., ?Handbook of Offshore Engineering?, Elsevier Science, USA, 1321p, (2005).
- Cığızoğlu, H.K., Kişi, ?., ?Flow prediction by three back propagation techniques using k-fold partitioning of neural network training data?, Hydrology,Nordic., 36(1), 49-64, (2005).
- Dean, R.G., Dalrymple R.A., ?Water Wave Mechanics for Engineers and Scientists?, Advanced Series on Ocean Engineering, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., USA, (2007).
- Elshafey, A.A., Haddara M.R., Marzouk, H., ?Dynamic response of offshore jacket structures underrandom loads?, Marine Structures, 22, 504-521, (2009).
- Ergin, A., ?Coastal Engineering?, Metu Press, Turkey, (2009).
- Foster, E.T., ?Model for Nonlinear Dynamics of Offshore Towers?, Civil Engineering Database, American Society Of Civil EngineersAsce Lıbrary, USA, (1970).
- Friez, P.A., ?Offshore Structure Design and Construction?, Ships and Offshore Structures. Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems, UK, (2011).
- Kur?, ?., Kayışoğlu, B., Shojaee, S.M.N., Uzol, O., ?y?ksek binalarda r?zgar etkilerinin r?zgar t?neli deneyleriyle tespiti?, Teknik Dergi, 389, 6163-6186, (2012).
- Kurian,V.J.;Narayanan,S.P.;Ganapathy,C., ?Towers for offshore wind turbines?, The 10th Asian International Conference on Fluid Machinery, AIP Conference Proceedings, Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia, (2010).
- Nizamani, Z., ?Environmental Load Factors and System Strength Evaluation of Offshore Jacket Platforms?, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, (2015).
- ?ztemel, E., ?YapaySinirAğları?, PapatyaYayıncılık, İstanbul, (2003).
- Raheem, S.E.A., Aal, E.M.A.A., ?Finite element analysis for structural performance of offshore platforms under environmental loads?, Key Engineering Materials, 159, 569-570, (2013).
- M.E., ?Offshore Structures Design, Construction and Maintenance?, Gulf Professional Publishing, United Kingdom, (2012).
- Şen, Z., ?YapaySinirAğlarıİlkeleri?, Su VakfıYayınları, İstanbul, (2004).
- Tayfur, G., ?Soft Computing in Water Resources Engineering?, WIT Press, Southampton, (2012).
- Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA), ?Structural Standards For Steel Antenna Towers And Supporting Structures?, USA, 120p., (2005).
- Y?ksel, Y., ?evik E.?., ?KıyıM?hendisliği?, Beta BasımYayım, İstanbul, (2009).
[Begum Yurdanur Dagli, Umit Gokkus and Mehmet Sinan Yildirim. (2019); A NEW APPROACH FOR THE CALCULATION OF HYDRODYNAMIC FORCES ACTING ON LATTICE STEEL STRUCTURES. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (2). 32-37] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Vocational School of Manisa Technical Sciences, Manisa Celal Bayar University, Turkey
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8460 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8460
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.