A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ANTIFUNGAL ACTIVITY OF ETHENOLIC LEAF AND SEED EXTRACTS OF ANNONA SQUAMOSA L.
- National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property, Lucknow, India.
- Geological Survey of India, Lucknow, India.
- Kalyan P. G. College, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
A comparative study of antifungal activity of ethanolic extracts of the leaves and seeds of Annonasquamosa L. (A plant of Annonaceae Family, commonly known as custard apple-sitafal) were evaluated against four fungi namely, Rhizopusnigricans, Aspergillusniger, Culvularialunata and Cladosporiumcladosporioides using agar well and disc diffusion method. Maximum inhibition was found with 50mg/ml concentration of ethanolic seed extracts against all the tested organisms under investigation. The study suggests that the seeds of A. squamosa are promising source for the development of suitable phytomedicine having fungicidal properties in place of commonly and widely used chemical antifungal agents.
- Balsndrin MF, Klocke JA, Wretele ES, and BoilingerWH.Content and purity of extract solasodine in some available species of solanum. Sciences and culture. 1985; 56 (5): 214-216.
- Cragg GM, Newman DJ, and Sander KM. Natural products in drug discovery and Development. J. Nat. Prod. 1997; 60: 52-60.
- GamiB, and Parabia MH. Pharmacognostic Evaluation of Bark and Seeds of Mimusopselengi. Internationa. J of Pharm and Pharmceuti Sci. 2010; 2(4):110-113.
- Soni H, Sharma S, and Patel SS, etal. Prliminaryphyrochemical Screening and HPLC analysis of Flavonoid from methanolic extract of leaves of AnnonaSquamosa. International research J of Pharm .2011; 2(5):242-246.
- Audu JA. Studies on the effective of medicinal Herbs Used AsAntihelminitic by traditional medical Practitioners in South of Bauchi State Two. Journal of EconamicTaxanomic Botany. 1995; 19: 653-661.
- Gupta SP. Eco-friendly approach for conservation of cultural heritage. Aayu Publications, New Delhi. 2016;45-48.
- Onkar D., Dhingra and James. Basic plant pathology method.1995;287-305.
- Kumaro, AndriCahyo, MasitahHasana and HarcharanSingha. Effects of solvent properties on the soxlate extraction of diterpenoid lactones from Andrographispaniculata leaves. Hort Report. Doi: 10.2306/scienceasia. 2009;1513-1874. Science Asia. 35:306-309.
- Mondall, NK.,Mojumdar, A., Chatterji A., Banerjee JK. and Gupta S. Antifungal activity and chemical characterisation of neem leaf extracts on the growth of some selected fungal species in vitro culture medium. J.appl.Sci. Environ. Manage. 2009;13(1):49-53.
- Shinde V. and Dhale DA. Antifungal properties of extracts of Occimum temnuiflorum and Dhaturastramonium against some vegetable pathogenic fungi.J???? ournal of Phytology. 2011;3(12)41-44.
- Shyam Prasad G etal. Antibacterial and Antifungal activity of Methanolic extracts of Argemonemexicna Leave, Internationl Journal of Phytopharmacology 2010; 1(2): 64-67.
- Dickert H, Marchke K, and Bnrveny I. The uses and limitations of Disk diffusion in antibiotic sensitivity testing of Bacteria 1981; 9: 18-24.
- Srilakshmi D, etal. Antihelmentic activity of Annonasquamosa seed extract. International Journal of Pharmacy & Technology 2008; 3:1623-1628.
[Sanjay Prasad Gupta, Manager Singh,Neeta Nigam, Iliyas Ahmed, Pawan Kumar and D. N. Sharma. (2019); A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ANTIFUNGAL ACTIVITY OF ETHENOLIC LEAF AND SEED EXTRACTS OF ANNONA SQUAMOSA L. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (2). 111-115] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Junior Scientific Officer in National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property under Ministry of Culture, Government of India, Lucknow, India-226024
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8467 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8467
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.