A SIMPLE MODEL FOR ANALYZING THE CUSTOMER RETENTION COMPARING RURAL AND URBAN STORE.
- Department of Business Administration, NERIM Group of Institutions.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Many businesses follow the repeat operation of a particular customer with a same store in different discrete time point. Customer retention comprises the probability of customer that alive in particular store in different purchase occasion. Different purchase occasion with a particular store occur at regular time intervals. The main goal of this paper is to predict future purchase patterns for rural and urban customer that can be described by the structural characteristics. The discrete time beta geometric model allows to heterogeneity of each of rural and urban customer behavioral process. The model is applied in 194 household from urban and 196 household from rural. Each household visited three times once in every three months. The study reveals that customer retention of rural customer is more than the urban customer.
- Bitran, Gabriel? and? Susana? Mondschein? (1996).? Mailing Decisions? in the Catalog Sales Industry. Management Science, 42(9).
- Cohen, David;? Gan,? Christopher;? Au? Yong,? Hua Hwa and? Choong,? Esther (2006). Customer Satisfaction: A Study of Bank Customer Retention in New Zealand. Commerce Division, Discussion Paper No. 109, (March).
- Dr?ze, Xavier? and? Andr?? (2005).? Moving From? Customer? Lifetime Value to Customer Equity. Working Paper, University of Pennsylvania.
- Drucker, ? Peter.? (1973).? Management:? Tasks? Responsibilities? Practices. (Harper and Row).
- Dwyer, F? Robert? (1997).Customer? lifetime? valuation? to? support? marketing?????????? decision making. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 11(4), Autumn: 6-13.
- Fader, Peter,? Bruce? Hardie,? and? Ka? Lee? (2005).? RFM? and CLV:? Using Iso-value? Curves? for? Customer? Base ?? Journal? of? Marketing Research, 42(4): 415-430.
- Gonul, Fusun,? Byung-Do Kim? and? Mengze,? ? (2000).? Mailing? Smarter? to Catalog Customers. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 14 (2): 2-16.
- Gupta, ,? Lehmann,? D.? R.,? Stuart,? J.? A.(2004). ?Valuing customer?, Journal of Marketing Research, 41 (1): 7?18.
- Gupta, Suni? and? Zeithaml,? ? (2006).? Customer? Metrics? and Their Impact on Financial Performance. working paper, Columbia University, New York.
- Jain, Dipak and Singh, Siddhartha. (2002). Customer Lifetime Value Research in Marketing: A Review and Future? Journal? of? Interactive Marketing, 16(2).
- Kalbfleisch, John? and? Prentice,? (1980). Statistical? Analysis? of? Failure Time Data. Wiley,New York.
- Kotler, Philip? and? Kevin? ? Keller? (2006).? Marketing Management.? Upper Saddle River,NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Kotler, P. (2003). Marketing Management. PHI, Tenth Edition, pp. 397.
- Oliver, (1997). Satisfaction:? A? Behavioral? Perspective? on the Consumer. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Payne, Adrian? (2006).? Handbook? of? CRM:? Achieving Excellence? in Customer Management. Great Britain: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Pfeifer Phillip and Robert Carraway (2000). Modeling customer relationships as Markov chains. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 14(2): 43-55.
- Reichheld, Frederick? ? and? W.? Earl? Sasser? Jr.? (1990).? Zero Defections: Quality Comes to Services.? Harvard Business Review, (September-October), 105-111.
- Reinartz, Werner? and? ? Kumar? (2000).? On the? Profitability? of? Long-life
- Rust, Roland,? Katherine? Lemon? and? Zeithaml,? Valarie? (2004).? Return? on Marketing:? Using? Customer Equity to Focus Marketing Strategy.? Journal of Marketing, 68(1): 109-126.
- Schimittlein, C,? Morrison,? D.G? and? Colombo,? R? (1987).? Counting Your Customers:? Who? are? They? and What? will? They? do? Next?.? Management Science, 33 (1): 1-24.
- Schmittlein, David and Peterson, Robert. (1994). Customer Base Analysis: An Industrial Purchase Process Application. Marketing Science, 13 (1): 41-68.
- Simester, Duncan,? Peng Sun? and? John? Tsitsiklis? (2005).? Dynamic? Catalog Mailing Policies. Working Paper, MIT.
- Thomas, Jacquelyn, Blattberg, Robert and Fox, Edward. (2004), Recapturing Lost Customers. Journal of Marketing Research, 16 (February): 31-45.
- Vyas, ? C.? (1997).? Rural? Marketing:? Thrust? and Challenges? (First? ed.).? New Delhi: National Publishing House.
[Manash Pratim Kashyap. (2019); A SIMPLE MODEL FOR ANALYZING THE CUSTOMER RETENTION COMPARING RURAL AND URBAN STORE. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (3). 52-59] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
NERIM Group of Institutions
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8598 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8598
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.