EFFECT OF SAFED MUSLI, GRAPE SEED EXTRACT AND L-ARGININE ON SEXUAL HEALTH.
- Vital neutraceuticals pvt ltd., India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The use of plant or plant-based products to stimulate sexual desire and to enhance performance and enjoyment is almost as old as the human race itself. The present paper reviews the active, natural principles, and crude extracts of plants, which have been useful in sexual disorders, have potential for improving sexual behavior and performance, and are helpful in spermatogenesis and reproduction. Review of refereed journals and scientific literature available in electronic databases and traditional literature available in India was extensively performed. The work reviews correlation of the evidence with traditional claims, elucidation, and evaluation of a plausible concept governing the usage of plants as aphrodisiac in total. Data on their pharmacological activity, mechanism of action, and toxicity are reported. The present review provides an overview of the herbs and their active molecule with claims for improvement of sexual behavior. A number of herbal drugs have been validated for their effect on sexual behavior and fertility and can therefore serve as basis for the identification of new chemical leads useful in sexual and erectile dysfunction.
- Kenjale R,?Shah R,?Sathaye S. (2008), Effects of Chlorophytumborivilianum on sexual behaviour and sperm count in male rats. .?Phytother Res. Jun; 22(6):796-801.
- Hussain SA, Hameed A, Nasir F, Wu Y, Suleria HAR, Song Y .(2018 ). Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of Polyherbal Formulation in OligospermicMales.Biomed Res In; 2018:2070895. Jul 25.
- Sudipta Kumar Rathand?Asit Kumar Panja. (2013). Clinical evaluation of root tubers of?ShwetaMusali?(Chlorophytumborivilianum L.) and its effect on semen and testosterone.Ayu. Jul-Sep; 34(3): 273?275.
- Sharma G, Kumar M. (2012).Antioxidant and modulatory role of Chlorophytumborivilianum against arsenic induced testicular impairment.?J Environ Sci (China). 24(12):2159-65
- Giribabu N, Kumar KE, Rekha SS, Muniandy S, Salleh N. (2014).Chlorophytumborivilianum root extract maintains near normal blood glucose, insulin and lipid profile levels and prevents oxidative stress in the pancreas of streptozotocin-induced adult male diabetic rats..Int J Med Sci. 11(11):1172-84.? Sep 3.
- Tan P, Liu L, Wei S, Tang Z, Yang L, Wei Q.( 2017 ).The Effect of Oral Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors on Sperm Parameters: A Meta-analysis and Systematic Review. Jul; 105:54-61.
- Grover SA, Lowensteyn I, Kaouache M, Marchand S, Coupal L, et al. (2006). The prevalence of erectile dysfunction in the primary care setting: importance of risk factors for diabetes and vascular disease. Arch Intern Med 166: 213?219.
- Richard Bebb, Adam Millar. (2018).Sexual Dysfunction and Hypogonadism in Men with Diabetes .Can J Diabetes 42, S228?S233.
- Tamler R, Deveney T. (2010). Hypogonadism, erectile dysfunction, and type 2 diabetes mellitus: what the clinician needs to know. Postgrad Med. Nov; 122(6):165-75.
- Al Hayek AA, Khader YS, Jafal S, Khawaja N, Robert AA, Ajlouni K.J (2013).Prevalence of low testosterone levels in men with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a cross-sectional study.Family Community Med. Sep; 20(3):179-86.
- Kowaluk EA,?Seth P,?Fung HL .(1992).Metabolic activation of sodium nitroprusside to nitric oxide in vascular smooth muscle.J PharmacolExpTher.Sep; 262(3):916-22.
- Silva FH, Karakus S, Musicki B, Matsui H, Bivalacqua TJ, Dos Santos JL, Costa FF, Burnett AL..(2016).Beneficial Effect of the Nitric Oxide Donor Compound 3-(1,3-Dioxoisoindolin-2-yl)Benzyl Nitrate on DysregulatedPhosphodiesterase 5, NADPH Oxidase, and Nitrosative Stress in the Sickle Cell Mouse Penis: Implication for Priapism Treatment., Aug 18. 359(2):230-237.
- Culley C. Carson And Tom F. Lue (2005).Phosphodiesterase Type 5 Inhibitors for Erectile Dysfunction. Bju International March, 96, 257?280.
- Claudino MA, Franco-Penteado CF, Corat MA, Gimenes AP, Passos LA, Antunes E, Costa FF. (2009).Increased cavernosal relaxations in sickle cell mice priapism are associated with alterations in the NO-cGMP signaling pathway.J Sex Med. Aug; 6(8):2187-96.
- Hull EM,?Lumley LA,?Matuszewich L,?Dominguez J,?Moses J,?Lorrain DS.?(1994).The roles of nitric oxide in sexual function of male rats. Nov; 33(11):1499-504.
- Nagendra Singh Chauhan,Vikas Sharma,? K. Dixit,??and?Mayank Thakur.(2014). A Review on Plants Used for Improvement of Sexual Performance and Virility. BioMed Research International.Aug 18:1-19.
- Silva FH, Veiga FJR, Mora AG, Heck RS, De Oliveira CC, Gambero A, et al. (2017) A novel experimental model of erectile dysfunction in rats with heart failure using volume overload. PLoS ONE 12(11):1-18.
- Chen Y, Xin X, Zhang H, Xu J, Gao Y, et al. (2014) Immunization Associated with Erectile Dysfunction Based on Cross-Sectional and Genetic Analyses. PLoS ONE .9(10). 1-9.
- Liao M, Huang X, Gao Y, Tan A, Lu Z, et al. (2012) Testosterone Is Associated with Erectile Dysfunction: A Cross-Sectional Study in Chinese Men. PLoS ONE 7(6):1-8.
- Stefani GP, Marmett B, Alves JP, Mo?ller GB, Heck TG, Frizzo MN, et al. (2018) Resistance training and L-arginine supplementation are determinant in genomic stability, cardiac contractility and muscle mass development in rats. PLoS ONE 13(9):1-15.
- YongfangLei,a??Dong Liu,a??Xiuhua Rena? and??Jinglou Chen(2017).Potential ameliorative effects of grape seed-derived polyphenols against cadmium induced prostatic deficits Biomedicine & pharmacotherapy. Biomedecine&pharmacotherapie,?July 91:707-713.
- Hala, A.H. Khattab, Inas, Z.A. Abdallah and Gehan, M. Kamel. Grape seed extract alleviate reproductive toxicity caused by aluminium chloride in male rats. Journal of American Science 2010; 6(12):1200-1209.
- Tian M,?Liu F,?Liu H,?Zhang Q,?Li L,?Hou X,?Zhao J,Li S,?Chang X,?Sun Y.(2018). Grape?seed?procyanidins?extract?attenuates Cisplatin-induced oxidative stress and?testosteronesynthase inhibition in rat testes. SystBiolReprod Med.Aug;64(4):246-259.
- Del Alkhedaide, ZaferSaad Altera, AymanSabry, Tulip Abdel-Ghaffar , Mohamed MohamedSoliman,HossamAttia.( 2016). Protective Effect of Grape Seed Extract against Cadmium-Induced Testicular Dysfunction. Molecular Medicine Reports 13: 3101-3109.
- Hasona NA. (2018).Grape seed extractattenuates dexamethasone-induced testicular and thyroid dysfunction in male albino rats. ? Jun;50(5):1-9.
[Supriya Yadav, Ganesh Kamath, Rashmi Mungekar and Bharat Acharaya. (2019); EFFECT OF SAFED MUSLI, GRAPE SEED EXTRACT AND L-ARGININE ON SEXUAL HEALTH. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (Apr). 798-807] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
VITAL NEUTRACEUTICALS PVT LTD., INDIA
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8888
DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8888
Download Full PaperDownload PDF No. of Downloads: 216 | No. of Views: 1560
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.