- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Technology has become an essential necessity of the postmodern era. Every activity we indulge in has become far easier than it was thousands of tears before. Whether wish it or not there is a kind of thrust that is pushing us towards the adoption of these innovations? day by day. In library?s environment its use was marked as milestone for data searching, access ,correspondence and transfer of information thus reformed the traditional library trends .The study endeavors to identify various components of ICT which are used or being used in libraries and information centers Now the challenge for all types of libraries is to develop new strategies involving new alliance and partner hip to support print/ digital resources. Successful strategies will almost certainly demand all organizational change together with effective application of new information communication technologies.
- Adams, Roy J. Information Technology and libraries a further for academic libraries. London: Croom Helen, 1986. p. 17
- Anwer, Mumtaz A. (1992). Use of information technology in the libraries of Pakistan.PLB.xxii(4):1
- Chisenga, J. (2004). ICT in libraries :an overview and general introduction to ICT in libraries in Africa paper presented at INASP ICT workshop held at Johannesburg. South Africa on 21-23 July.
- Chowdhury, C.G., Chowdhury, Introduction to digital libraries, pp. 284?292. Facet Publishing, London (2003).
- Daniel Bell, http://www.brainquote.com/quotes/d/danielbell177480.html Retrieved March 15,2019.
- Islam, Md Shariful and Islam,Nazmul.(2006).Information and communication technology (ICT):A new dimension in librarianship.Asia.J.Inf.Tech.5(8):809-817
- Khan, Najaf Ali. 1995. Information Technology in the University Libraries of Pakistan Stresses and Strains. PLB. xxvi (1):1.4
- Khan, M.S.I. Electronic communication and information dissemination. In: Lecture delivered in the workshop on Population Information Network, IEM/BCC unit, Dhaka (October 29, 2000).
- Khan, M.Fazil and Amed,Pervaiz.(1998).University library services in Pakistan: A survey.Pak.Lib &Inf.Sci.J.38(1):3
- Nasiruddin and M, Roknuzzaman. (2002). Technological influence on library environment contemporary challenges for the Professionals? of Bangladesh, Raj Shahi University studies. part c.10,
- Pradhan, M.R. (2004). Developing digital libraries technologies and challenges. Lib.Herald, New Delhi,42:100
- Patil, D.B.,S.S.Kumbarand and H Krishnananda.(1994).Information Technology current trends in library and information science,32p.
- Rahman, S. (2003). An overview of ICT sector in Bangladesh. Paper presented at FOBANA 2003 Convention, Washington, DC,?http://www.banglait.org/ICTBANGLADESH.pdf
- Rowley, J. E and P, Lea. (1987). Infotech. A guide for young professional libraries. London.Rempty,23-29
- Siddique, Moid.A.(1992). The use of information technology in academic libraries in Saudi Arabia. J. of libr. and inf. Sci. 29(4):195
- Sehar, Naveed. (2017). Need and importance of library automation and networking in public libraries of Karachi, Pakistan.AJMS.5(7):182-189
- Toffler, Alvin. (1970). http://www.physics.udel.edu/watoson/scan103/quates.html Retrieved.March,19,2019
[Naveed-e Sehar and Mahnoor Khan. (2019); INNOVATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN LIBRARIES: A NEW DIMENSION IN LIBRARIANSHIP. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (5). 29-35] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Asstt. Professor, Department of library &information Science, University of Karachi.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8980 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8980
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.