EFFICACY OF GOGHRITA IN THE MANAGEMENT OF KARSHYA - AN OPEN LABELLED CONTROLLED CLINICAL TRIAL.
- Department of Kriya Sharir, IPGT&RA, Jamanagar.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Karshya is major illness in today?s era. In Ayurved Karshya is described as a symptom of other diseases as well as separate disease. It may be said that ?Krisha is condition in which the person becomes thin and lean. Shushka Sphik; Greeva; Udara; Bahu, Dhamani Jala Santata,Tvagasthishesho, Alpa Prana, Sthoola Parva, Kshut; Pipasa Asahshnuta, Ushna; Sheeta Asahashnuta and Vyayam Asahashnutaare the main Lakshnas Of Karshya. In Karshya mainly Vata Dosha is vitiated by its Ruksha Guna. Goghrita is Snigdha Dravyawhich enhances Agni (Digestive power). Due to its Snigdhatva pacification of Vata Dosha occurs. In present study 60 patients of Karshya divided in to two groups. In Group A (n=30) goghrita is administered 10 ml twice a day with Anupan lukewarm water and in Group B patients were given placebo for 42 days. Lakshanas of Karshya are observed before treatment and after treatment. Results were analysed by using statistical paired and unpaired ?t? test. Significant results were found in Group A on symptoms of Karshya such as Rukshata, Alpa prana , Vyayama Asahashnuta.
- Agnivesh ? Charak Samhita with Chakrapani commentary Chaukhamba Sanskrit, Sansthana Varanasi. (Cha. S.vi. 8/ 122) edition 2007.
- Aacharya Sushruta, .Sushruta Samhita. with Hindi commentary .Ayurved tatvasandipika. by Kaviraj Ambikadatta Shastri, Published by Chaukhamba Surabharati, in 1996.
- AcharyaVagbhata - Ashtang Hridayam with the commentaries of Arundatta and Hemadr i 9th edition (Ah.Su. 12/9) Chaukhambha? Orientalia , Varanasi .
- Guyton - The Textbook of Medical Physiology Published by J Wonsier prism book; Pvt. Ltd. India, edition in 1991.
- Sembulingam, Prema Sembulingam - Essential of Medical Physiology, Jaypee brother?s medical publishers (P). Ltd., New Delhi. 4th edition, 2006. K.M.S. - 1954.
- Niranjan Dev Ayurvedalankar .Prakrita Agni Vidnyana. Ayurvediya and Tibbi Academy, Lakhanow, first edition, 1971.
- Ranjeetrai Desai ? Ayurvediya Kriyasharir- Baidyanath Publication, Nagpur, Edition 1, 1953
- Undurti N Das Lipids in Health and Disease 2008, 7:37 doi:10.1186/1476-511X- 7-37 Submission date 30 September 2008 Acceptance date 15 October 2008 Publication? date 15 October 2008 Article URL down loaded from http://www.lipidworld.com/content/7/1/37
- Cosentino MJ, Emilson LB, Cockett AT Prostaglandins in semen and their relationship to male fertility: a study of 145 men Fertility and Sterility 1984 Jan;41(1):88-94) downloaded from Pubmed Results.com on October 26,2008
- Dwarakanath, Introduction to Kayachikitsa, published by Chaukhambha Orientalia publishers, Varanasi 3rd Edition 1996.
- Priyavat Sharma, Dravyaguna Vigyan, Cauckamba Bharati Academy, Varanasi, Reprint 2004.
[Swati Khandale And O.P. Dadhich. (2019); EFFICACY OF GOGHRITA IN THE MANAGEMENT OF KARSHYA - AN OPEN LABELLED CONTROLLED CLINICAL TRIAL. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (7). 97-107] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
IPGT&RA, GAU, Jamnagar
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9330 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9330
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.