LES DETERMINANTS DU CHANGEMENT DE LAUDITEUR EXTERNE : CAS DES ENTREPRISES TUNISIENNES COTEES DETERMINANTS OF AUDITOR SWITCH: EVIDENCE FROM TUNISIA.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
This study aims to identify the determinants of the auditor?s switch within the Tunisian context. The results of the empirical analysis performed on a panel data and conducted on a sample of 23 non-financial listed Tunisian companies show that the change in the management leadership is a potential determinant of the auditor?s switch. This result has also been confirmed within the frame of the robustness tests. We have also shown that the long-term debt fluctuation and the qualified opinion audit report are factors related to the decision of changing the auditor.
- Aguilar N.G., Barbadillo E.R. (2003) ?Do spanish firms change auditor to avoid a qualified audit report??, International Journal of Auditing, vol. 7(1), pp. 37-53.
- Aroh J., Odum A., Odum C. (2017) ?Determinants of auditor switch: Evidence from quoted companies in Nigeria?, International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy, vol. 6(4), pp. 26-41.
- Ball F., Tyler J., Wells P. (2015) ?Is audit quality impacted by auditor relationships??, Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, vol. 11 (2), pp. 166-181.
- Beattie V., Fearnley S. (1998) ?Audit market competition: auditor changes and the impact of tendering?, The British Accounting Review, vol. 30(3), pp. 261-289.
- Cameran M., Negri G., Pettinicchio A. (2015) ?The auditor mandatory rotation rule: the state of the art?, The Journal of Financial Perspectives, vol. 3(2), pp.1-29.
- Chadegani, Mohamed Z., Jari A. (2011) ?The Determinant factors of auditor switch among companies listed on Tehran stock exchange?, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, vol. 80(80), pp. 158-168.
- Chang W. C., Choy, H. L., Lin H. Y., Koo M.?(2019)??The determinants and effects of clients following audit partners who switch audit firms?,?European Accounting Review,?In Press.
- Chen K., Zhou J. (2007) ?Audit committee, board characteristics, and auditor switch decisions by Andersen\'s clients?, Contemporary Accounting Research, vol. 24(4), pp.1085-1117.
- Choy H., Lin H., Koo M. (2019) ?The determinants and effects of clients following audit partners who switch audit firms?, European Accounting Review, In Press.
- Corbella S., Florio C., Gotti G., Mastrolia S. (2015) ?Audit firm rotation, audit fees and audit quality: the experience of Italian public companies?, Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, vol. 25, pp. 46-66.
- Darmayanti N. (2017)?The effect of audit opinion, financial distress, client size, management turn and KAP size on auditor switching?, Journal of Economics, Business and Accountancy Ventura, vol. 20(2), pp. 237-248.
- DeFond M. (1992) ?The Association between changes in client firm agency costs and auditor switching?, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, vol. 11(1), pp.16-31.
- Faiza S. N., Nazri S. M., Smith M., Ismail Z. (2012) ?Factors influencing auditor change: evidence from Malaysia?,?Asian Review of Accounting, vol. 20(3), pp.222-240.
- Francis J. R., Mehta M. N., Zhao W. (2017) ?Audit office reputation shocks from gains and losses of major industry clients?, Contemporary Accounting Research, vol. 34(4), pp. 1922-1974.
- Ghosh A., Lustgarten S. (2006) ?Pricing of Initial Audit Engagements by Large and Small Audit Firms?, Contemporary Accounting Research, vol. 23(2), pp. 333-368.
- Heliodoro P., Carreira F., Lopes M. (2016) ?The Change of auditor: The Portugese Case?, Spanish Accounting Review, 19(2),pp. 181-186.
- Hudaib M., Cooke T. (2005) ?The impact of managing director changes and financial distress on audit qualification and auditor switching?, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, vol. 32(9-10), pp. 1703-1739.
- Huson J., Shamsher M., Annuar M., Arief M. (2000) ?Auditor switch decision of malaysian listed firms: Tests of determinants and wealth effect?, Pertanika Journal of Social Science and Humanities, vol. 8(2), pp. 77- 90.
- Jensen M., Meckling W. (1976) ?Theory of the firm: managerial behaviour, agency costs and ownership structure?, Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 3(4), pp. 305-360.
- Johnson?W., Lys T. (1990) ?The market for audit services: Evidence from voluntary auditor changes?, Journal of Accounting and Economics, vol. 12(1-3), pp. 281-308.
- Kervin, J.B. (1992)?Methods for business research, New York, Harpet Collins.
- Khasharmeh H. (2015) ?Determinants of auditor switching in Bahraini?s listed companies: an empirical study?, European Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance Research, vol. 3(11), pp.73-99.
- Kuo L. C.,?Lin C. J.,?Lin H. L. (2016) ?Auditor switch decisions under forced auditor change: evidence from China?,?Asian Review of Accounting, vol. 24(1), pp.69-89.
- Liu M. (2007) ?Corporate governance, auditor choice and auditor switch: Evidence from China?, Th?se de doctorat, Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Patterson E.R., Smith J.R., Tiras S.L. (2019) ?The effects of auditor on fraud and its detection?, The Accounting Review, In Press.
- Piot C. (2003) ?Co?ts d?agence et changements de commissaire aux comptes?: une approche empirique?, Comptabilit? Contr?le Audit, vol.9(2), pp.5-30.
- Rennie M.,?Kopp L.,Lemon W.?(2014) ?Auditor-client disagreements and independence: an exploratory field study?, Research on Professional Responsibility and Ethics in Accounting, 18, pp.131-166.
- Schwartz K.B., Menon K. (1985) ?Auditor switches by failing firms?, The Accounting Review, vol. 60(2), pp. 248-261.
- Shahnaz I., Nurasyikin J., Wan Zanani W. (2008) ?The impact of board composition, ownership and CEO duality on audit quality: The Malaysian evidence?, Management and Accounting Review, vol. 7(2), pp. 17-28.
- Tu G. (2012) ?Controller changes and auditor changes?, China Journal of Accounting Research, vol. 5(1), pp. 45-58.
- Zhang S., Ye K., Cui Y., Zang W. (2019) ?Large shareholder incentives and auditor choice?, Auditing?: A Journal of Practice and Theory, In Press.
[Soumaya Ayedi. (2019); LES DETERMINANTS DU CHANGEMENT DE LAUDITEUR EXTERNE : CAS DES ENTREPRISES TUNISIENNES COTEES DETERMINANTS OF AUDITOR SWITCH: EVIDENCE FROM TUNISIA. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (7). 133-142] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
GEF2A - Lab
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9336 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9336
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.