EFFECT OF ABDOMINAL MASSAGE ON UTERINE INVOLUTION AMONG POSTNATAL MOTHERS - A PILOT STUDY.
- M.Sc Nursing, Manikaka Topawala Institute of Nursing, CHARUSAT, Gujarat.
- Assistant Professor and HOD, Dept. Of Obstetrics & Gynaecological Nursing, ManikakaTopawala Institute of Nursing, CHARUSAT, Gujarat.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Introduction and Background: Postnatal period which was considered as a crucial phase to determine the survival rate of mother, baby and health of both. Common postnatal complication is post partum haemorrhage due to various causes such as retained placenta, genital tract injury or may be due to no involution of uterus, infection, obstructed labour process and etc. This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of abdominal massage on uterine involution among postnatal mother. Methodology: Quantitative approach, quasi experimental and pre-test post-test control group design was used in this study. The study was conducted in selected hospital of Central Gujarat Region and sample was selected by convenient sampling technique, 5 samples in each group. Collection of data is done by using demographic tool and measuring fundal height. The experimental received intervention twice a day for three consecutive day with routine care whereas in control group only routine care was given. Result: Descriptive and inferential statistics was done to analyse the data. The result showed that there was reduction in mean score of uterus involution from before (15.31) to after (12.00) implementation of abdominal massage twice a day for 3 consecutive days in experimental group and p value is 0.043. In the control group the mean score of uterus involution reduce from 15.62 to 13.06. Conclusion: Hence, the conclusion of the study was that there is significant effect of abdominal massage on uterus involution rate among postnatal mothers to enhance the rate of uterus involution.
- Jessica evert. Introduction to pregnancy. Mentalhelp.net. 2019 [cited 2019 april 7]. Available from: https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/introduction-to-pregnancy
- 20 common postnatal complications & their solutions [internet]. Firstcry parenting. 2018 [cited 2019apr7]. Available from: https://parenting.firstcry.com/articles/20-postpartum-complications-you-may-experience/
- Akibu, mohammed, tsegaye, tewodros, sodere. Prevalence and determinants of complete postnatal care service utilization in northern shoa, ethiopia [internet]. Journal of pregnancy. Hindawi; 2018 [cited 2019apr7]. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jp/2018/8625437/
- Keyword analysis & research: subinvolution of placenta [internet]. Traffic analysis. [Cited 2019apr7]. Available from: http://www.sitedownrightnow.com/search/subinvolution-of-placenta
- Doula [internet]. Wikipedia. Wikimedia foundation; 2019 [cited 2019apr7]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/doula.
[Sandhyakumari Rajbhar and Anjali Tiwari. (2019); EFFECT OF ABDOMINAL MASSAGE ON UTERINE INVOLUTION AMONG POSTNATAL MOTHERS - A PILOT STUDY. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (8). 103-105] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
1. M.Sc Nursing, Manikaka Topawala Institute of Nursing, CHARUSAT, Gujarat.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9480 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9480
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.