THE EFFECT OF COMBINATION ORGANIC AND INORGANIC FERTILIZERS ON THE SOIL CHEMICAL PROPERTIES, GROWTH AND YIELD OF SEVERAL RICE VARIETIES.
- Department of Agroecotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture UniversitasSyiah Kuala, Darussalam Banda Aceh, Indonesia.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of the combination of organic and inorganic fertilizers on the change of soil chemical properties, growth and yield of several rice varieties. The study was conducted in farmer rice fields in Bireuen Districts, Aceh Province from June to December 2016. Soil analysis was carried out at Soil Laboratory, Assessment Institute of Agricultural Technology, Banda Aceh. Factorial pattern of Randomized block design (RBD) with 3 replications was used in this study. The first factor of the treatment consist of 4 levels combination of organic and inorganic fertilizers as follows P0 = without organic fertilizers + 250 kg ha-1 Urea + 150 kg ha-1SP-36 + 100 kg ha-1 KCl, P1 = 5 ton ha-1 organic fertilizers + 225 kg ha-1 Urea + 125 kg ha-1SP-36 + 75 kg ha-1 KCl, P2 =10 ton ha-1 organic fertilizers + 200 kg ha-1 Urea + 100 kg ha-1 SP-36 + 50 kg ha-1 KCl,P3 = 15 ton ha-1 organic fertilizers + 175 kg ha-1 Urea + 75 kg ha-1SP-36 + 25 kg ha-1 KCl. The second factor of the treatment consists of 4 rice varieties as followsBatutegi, Situ Bagendit, Situ Patenggang and Inpari 30. The results showed that the treatment combination of organic and inorganic fertilizers increased C-organic, CEC, P-available, and K-available. The combination treatment of organic and inorganic fertilizers has not been able to improve plant growth, yield components, and rice yields. Rice yields in 5 ton ha-1 organic fertilizers + 225 kg ha-1 Urea + 125 kg ha-1SP-36 + 75 kg ha-1 KCl treatment was reached 7.00 tons ha-1. Yields of Inpari 30 variety has reached 7.29 tons ha-1, which is not significantly different from Situ Bagendit and Situ Patenggang varieties.
- Alavan, A., Hayati, R and Hayati, E. (2015): The effect of fertilization on the growth of several upland rice varieties (Oryza sativa). J. Floratek., 10: 61 ? 68.
- Allamah, A., Hapsoh, Wawan, and Dini, I.R. (2018): The growth and yield of rice (Oryza sativa) with organic and inorganic fertilizer application by cellulolytic microbes in peat. Indonesian J. Agricultural Research., 1(03):295 ? 306.
- Amoah, A.A., Miyagawa, S and Kawakubo, N. (2012): Effect of supplementing inorganic fertilizer with organic fertilizer on growth and yield of rice-cowpea mixed crop. Plant Prod. Sci., 15 (2): 109-117.
- Anas, I. 1989. Laboratory Instructions: Soil Biology in Practice. Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor.
- 2011. Study on the use of organic fertilizer in lowland rice plants at Pinrang Sulawesi Selatan.?J. Agricultural Technology Study and Development.,?4(1): 11-18.
- Bakrie, M.M., Anas,I., Sugiyatna and Idris. K. (2010): Application of inorganic and organic fertilizers in SRI rice cultivation (System of Rice Intensification). J. Land Environment., 12(2): 25-32.
- Bara, A., and Chozin, M.A. (2009): Effect of dose of manure and frequency of urea fertilizer on growth and maize production (Zea mays) in the dry land. Seminar Paper on the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture. Bogor Agricultural Institute. Pp: 7.
- (2006): Effect of phosphorus and cow manure on the soil chemical properties and growth of rice plants (Oryza sativa L) on rain-fed rice fields in Districts Langkat, North Sumatra. J. Indonesian Agricultural Research.,25(1): 8-17.
- Darti, E. (1992): Effect of fertilizer placement on several rice varieties in dry soil on growth and production. Skripsi. Andalas University Faculty of Agriculture. Padang.
- Hambali, A. and Lubis, I. (2015): Productivity evaluation of several rice varieties. Bul. Agrohorti., 3(2): 137-14
- Humaedah, U., Sundari, Astuti, S., Trisedyowati, Y. (2010): Farming business with PTT approach. Agricultural Extension Development Center, Jakarta.
- Idawanni, Hasanuddin and Bakhtiar. (2016):Adaptation test of some upland rice among young oil palm in Aceh Timur District. Floratek., 11 (2): 88-95
- Kamal, F. (2001): Genetic parameters of some lines introduced by lowland rice (Oryza sativa L.). Skripsi. Andalas University Faculty of Agriculture. Padang.
- Krismawati, A and Arifin, Z. (2011). Yield stability of some paddy varieties. Journal of Agricultural Technology Study and Development., 14(2): 84-92.
- (2007): Interaction of spacing and number of seedlings per plant point in the rice intensification system on vegetative growth of plants. JurnalAktaAgrosia., (1): 92-98.
- Partohardjono, S. (1999): Efforts to increase the efficiency of using Nitrogen fertilizer to reduce N2O gas emissions from rice fields. In: Partohardjono, S., J. Soejitno and Hermanto (eds). Minutes of Seminar on Greenhouse Gas Emissions Research Results and Increased Rice Productivity in Rice Fields. Bogor, 24 April 1999. Puslitbangtan. Bogor.
- Rahayu, A.Y. and Harjoso, T. (2011): Application of husk ash in upland rice (Oryza sativa L.) on leaf silicate and proline content as well as amylose and seed protein. J. Biota., 16 (1): 48-55.
- Rochmah, H.F. (2009): Effect of organic and inorganic fertilizers on the growth and yield of lowland rice (Oryza sativa L.). Skripsi. Department of Agronomy and Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor.
- Sakhidin, Darudriyo and Kharisun. (2013): Component results and yields of four rice varieties at several doses of fertilizer fertilization. J. Agrin., 7 (1): 122-129.
- Satoto and Suprihatno, B. (1998): Heterosis and yield stability of hybrid male infertile rice hybrids IR62829A and IR58025A. J. Food Crop Agriculture Research., 17(1): 33-37.
- Sembiring, H. (2008): Research policies and summaries of ICRR research findings in support of increasing national rice production. J. Litbang : 39-59.
- Soil Research Institute (2005): Analysis of Soil, Plant, Water and Fertilizer Chemistry. Agriculture Department, Bogor (Id).
- Sujitno, E., Fahmi, T. and Teddy, T. (2011): Study on adaptation of some superior varieties of upland rice on lowland dry land in Garut Regency. Assessment and Development of Agricultural Technology., 14 (1): 62-69.
- Suparyono and Setyono. (1997): Overcoming the Problem of Rice Cultivation. PenebarSwadaya. Jakarta.
- Supriyadi, I.A., Mustikaningrum, A., Herawati, P., Purwanto and Sumani, S. (2018): Soil quality assessment in organic and nonorganic paddy ﬁelds in Susukan, Indonesia. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science., 24 (5): 777-784
- Wahab, M.I., Satoto, R., Rachmat, A., Guswara and Suharna. (2017): Description of new rice superior varieties. Agricultural Research and Development Agency Ministry of Agriculture. Bogor.
- (1998): Hybrid Corn. Kanisius. Yogyakarta.
- Widowati, L.R. (2009): The role of organic fertilizer on the efficiency of fertilization and the level of need for vegetable crops in soil inseptisols. J. Tropical Land., 14 (3): 221-
- Yang, S.M., Mahli, P.,Wang, D. R., Wang, J.G. (2004): Long-term fertization effect on crop yield a Nitrate-N accumulation of organic mature and fertilizers on crop yield and nitrate-N accumulation in soil in Northwestern.
[Zulkarnaini, Sabaruddin Zakaria and Bakhtiar Basyah. (2019); THE EFFECT OF COMBINATION ORGANIC AND INORGANIC FERTILIZERS ON THE SOIL CHEMICAL PROPERTIES, GROWTH AND YIELD OF SEVERAL RICE VARIETIES. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (9). 32-38] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Department of Agroecotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture Universitas Syiah Kuala, Darussalam Banda Aceh, Indonesia
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9626 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9626
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.