ROBERTS UTERUS MASQUERADING AS ADNEXAL TORSION IN A 13 YEAR OLD ADOLESCENTS: A CASE REPORT.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Military Training Hospital Moulay Ismail, Meknes,Morocco.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Military Training Hospital Mohammed V, University Hospital Ibn Sina, Rabat, Morocco.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Robert?s uterus is a rare m?llerian anomaly and unique malformation described as a septate uterus with non-communicating hemicavity.we here report the case of a 13-year old girls presented to the emergency departments with acute right iliac fossa pain associated nausea and vomiting . Fallopian tube torsion bringing about a hematosalpinx is suspected. Exploratory laparotomy showed findings a Robert?s uterus and right hematosalpinx. Right uterine hemicavity and Fallopian tube was resected. The postoperative course was uneventful.
- Ludwin A, Ludwin I (2015)Comparison of the ESHREESGE and ASRM classifications of Mullerian duct anomalies in everyday practice. Hum Reprod 30: 569580.
- Dutta D.C. Infertility in Textbook of Gynaecology Including Contraception. 5th Edition. New Central Book Agency, Kolkata, India. Revised reprint 2009; 43 ? 45.
- Robert H (1970) Asymmetrical bifidities with unilateral menstrual retention. Chirurgie 96: 796-799.
- Behr SC, Courtier JL, Qayyum A. Imaging of m?llerian duct anomalies. Radiographics 2012;32:E233-50.
- Marcal L, Nothaft MA, Coelho F, Volpato R, Iyer R. Mullerian duct anomalies: MR imaging. Abdom Imaging. 2011;36(6):756-64.
- Bermejo C, Ten MP, Cantarero R, Diaz D, P?rez Pedregosa J, Barr?n E. Three-dimensional ultrasound in the diagnosis of Mullerian duct anomalies and concordance with magnetic resonance imaging. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2010;35(5):593-601.
- Takeuchi H, Sato Y, Shimanuki H, Kikuchi I, Kumakiri J, Kitade M, Kinoshita K, Accurate preoperative diagnosis and laparoscopic removal of the cavitated non-communicated uterine horn for obstructive Mullerian anomalies. J Obstet Gynaecol Res 2006;32(1):74-9.
- Perino A, Chianchiano N, Simonaro C, Cittadini E, Endoscopic management of a case of complete septate uterus with unilateral hematometra, Human Reprod1995;10(8):2171-3.
[Jaouad Lafquir, Fatima Elmangoub, Rachid Ait bouhou, Jaouad Kouach and Omar boukaidi Laghzaoui. (2019); ROBERTS UTERUS MASQUERADING AS ADNEXAL TORSION IN A 13 YEAR OLD ADOLESCENTS: A CASE REPORT. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (10). 41-44] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9803 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9803
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.