OPTIMUM CROPPING PATTERN FOR FARMERS OF BIDAR DISTRICT, KARNATAKA.
- Dileep Kumar Kanna, Civil Engineering Department, BKIT, Bhalki.585328 Bidar District, Karnataka, India.
- Civil Engineering Department, P.D.A.College of Engineering, Kalburgi. 585101 Karnataka, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
In the present study optimal solutions were found for net farm returns using Linear Programming model on the sample farmers of Bidar District.The LINGO 17.0 package was used to get the solutions. The sample was of 120 small and large farmers collected from 15 villages from five Tehsils. From each village eight farmers comprising of small and large farmers were selected. A total of EIGHT models were developed. They were classified as small farmers S1, S2, S3, S4 and large farmers L1, L2, L3, and L4. The results were compared with existing cropping pattern of small and large farmers. The model S1, small farmers with existing technology and restricted capital registered an increase of net returns per hectare by 27%, S2 small farmer with existing technology and relaxed capital returns increased by 34%, S3 small farmer with recommended technology and restricted capital, returns increased by 55%, S4 small farmer with recommended technology and relaxed capital, the returns increased by 65% per hectare. Similarly the net returns per hectare in case of large farmers L1, L2, L3, L4 increased by 47%, 65%, 49%, 76% respectively. The impact of credit on net farm returns in small farmers was Rs: 8322 and the same in large farmers was Rs: 615276. It was noted that credit played an important role in augmenting income of farmers; the credit required was directly related to farm size while credit on income, inversely related to farm size.
- Aparnati,M., Bhatt,D. 2014. ?Linear Programming Model for Optimal Cropping Pattern for Economic Benefits of Mrbc Command Area.? IJIRST international Journal for Innovative Research in Science & Technology. Pp 47-54.
- Firzone,J.A.,Coelho,R.D.,Dourado-Neto,D.,Solani.R.,1997. ?Linear Programming Model to optimize the water Resource Use in Irrigation Projects; An Application to the Senator Nilo Coelho Project.? Science Agriculture, Piracicaba 1997. Pp 136-148.
- Paroda R.S. and Praduman kumar 2000. ?Food Production and Demand in South Asia.? Agricultural Economics Research Review. 13(1): 1-24
- Joshi, P.K. and Kumar, P. 2011. Food demand and supply projections for India,Mimeo. International Food Policy Research Institute (Asia Office), New Delhi.
- Vijay Paul Sharma. 2012. ?India?s agricultural development under the new economic regime policy perspective and strategy for the 12th Five year plan.? Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics. 67(1): 46-78.Science & Technology. Pp 47-54.
- Birhanu,T.K., Almirew, T., 2015. Optimizing Cropping Pattern Using Chance Constraint Linear Programming For Koga Irrigation Dam, Ethiopia. Irr.& Drain. Systems Engg. Vol 4 Issue 2 p 35-46
- P., Singh, P.K. 2015. Optimal Cropping Pattern for Jaisamnd Command of Udaipur District in Rajasthan, India. Research Journal of Recent Sciences. P 1-7.
- Firzone,J.A.,Coelho,R.D.,Dourado-Neto,D.,Solani.R.,1997. Linear Programming Model to optimize the water Resource Use in Irrigation Projects; An Application to the Senator Nilo Coelho Project. Science Agriculture, Piracicaba 1997. Pp 136-148.
- Gadge,S.B., Goruntwar S.B., 2014. ?Linear Programming approach for Allocation of Land and Water Resources in Canal Command Area under Surface Method of Irrigation- A Case Study.? Int. Jour. of Innovative Research in Science, E&T. p 153-168.
- Goswami, S.N. 2002. ?Farm planning in hills of Meghalaya for augmentation of income and employment vis-?-vis preservation of natural resource base.? Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics. 57(2): 211 ? 223.
- Hassan Ishtiaq., A.R. Muhammad, Khalil,M, 2004. ?Determination of optimum cropping pattern in Faislanbad Division (Pakistan),? International Journal of Agriculture & Biology 06-5: 901-903.
- Hassan I.,Shahbaz.M.T. 2008. ?Impact of Increase in Wheat support Price on the Acreage and Income of the Farmers of Faislabad, ?Division. Life Science International Journal p 543-546.
- , Malik Zilakat Khan, 2012. ?Linear Programming Model and Sensitivity Analysis of Selected Agrarian Constraints Faced By Farming in The Provinces of Khaiber Pakhtunkhwa,? City University Research Journal, Volume 3 No1 June 2012, Article 01: 20-24.
- J., Patterson.B.2016.? A Linear Programming Model to Optimize Cropping Pattern in Small ? Scale Irrigation Schemes; An Application to Mekabo Scheme in Tigray, Ethiopia.? International Journal of Environmental& Agriculture Research (IJOEAR). P24-34.
[Dileep Kumar Kanna and M.N.Dandigi. (2019); OPTIMUM CROPPING PATTERN FOR FARMERS OF BIDAR DISTRICT, KARNATAKA. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (10). 121-127] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Bheemanna Khandre Institute of technology, Bhalki.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9813 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9813
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.