IMPACT OF EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The purpose for this paper is to discover impact of employee motivation on organizational performance and examining the relationship between reward systems on organizational performance. This study was designed based on the literature, connecting the impact of employee motivation on organizational performance and relationship between reward systems on organizational performance. The objectives were constructed based on the literature and the model was tested in perspective of the past studies and literature. The literature and different examinations concluded that employee motivation has positive impact on organizational performance, and also there is relationship between reward systems on organizational performance. The outcome acquired demonstrated that if employees are positively motivated and rewarded, it improves both their viability and productivity definitely to increase organizational performance. Workers are the core of any organization: For any organization to operate smoothly and without any interruption, employee motivation cannot be supplanted with anything else. It is of most extreme significance that the employees of any association not just have a decent motivation; likewise managers and employers should maintain and fix reward system of their organizations.
- Abdul, H. (2008), Relationship between Motivation and Job Satisfaction on Employee Performance in banking Sector of Northern Cyprus. Turkey.
- Ali &Mohamud (2013) Motivational Factors and Performance of Women Entrepreneurs in Somalia, Journal of Education and Practice, 4 (17), 47-53.
- Ali, Dahie&Jim?ale (2015) Employee Motivation and Organizational Performance: Empirical Evidence from Secondary Schools in Mogadishu-Somalia, Academic Research International, 6(5), 69-83.
- Ali, Dahie& Ali (2016), Teacher Motivation and School Performance, the Mediating Effect of Job Satisfaction: Survey from Secondary Schools in Mogadishu, International Journal of Education and Social Science, 3, (1), 24-38.
- Ellliot, A. J. & Covington, M. (2001). Approach and Avoidance Motivation. Educational Psychology Review, 13, 2.
- Ellis, Chigbue& Peter (2017), Relationship between Organization Reward System and Workers Attitude to Work. Journal of Business and Economic Development 2(4), 247-254
- Feyyaz, Mustafa, & Ali, (2011). Construction of Multi Dimensional Performance Measurement Model in Business Organizations: An Empirical Study. Journal of Economic and Social Studies 1, (1), 33-51.
- Fard, H. D., Ghatari, A. R., &Hasiri, A., (2010). Employees Morale in Public Sector: Is Organizational Trust an Important Factor? European Journal of Scientific research, 46 (3), 378-390.
- Gaurav Sahoo and Dr.SathyaSwaroopDebasish (2015) IMPACT OF MOTIVATIONAL FACTORS ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE ? A STUDY IN ODISHA POWER SECTOR, International Journal of Management and Social Science Research Review, 1 (8), 44-50.
- Gure, N. Abdullahi, (2010), Impact of Motivation on Employee Performance at Nationlink Telecom. Somalia.
- Insimire, P. (2011), Motivation and Sales Performance in Niko insurance. Uganda.
- Joy O. Ekwoaba, Ugochukwu .U. Ikeije, NdubuisiUfoma. (2015). the impact of recruitment and selection criteria on organizational performance: Published by European Centre for Research Training and Development UK. Global Journal of Human Resource Management, 3, (2), 22-33.
- Kikoito, (2014) Human resource Management: Impact of reward systems on organizational performance in commercial banks in Mwanza city, Tanzania. Master degree dissertation of Open University of Tanzania.
- Karanja, S. (2012), Effects of reward System on Employee Performance. Case studies of Cooperative Bank headquarter. Nairobi, Kenya.
- Korth, M. (2007). Maslow - Move Aside! A Heuristical Motivation Model for Leaders in Career and Technical Education.Journal of industrial teacher education, 5-36.
- Matoka, C. (2011), Strategic Human Resource Management Lecturer. The Open University of Tanzania, Faculty of FBM, Dares Salaam.
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary, (1873), Motivation. Accessed 3.10.2018. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/motivation.
- My Linh Nguyen, (2017). Impact of employee motivation on organizational effectiveness.VAASANAMMATTIKORKEAKOULU UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES. Business Economics Master Thesis, 1-56.
- Muzaffar Ahmad Sof, (2015). Impact of Leadership Styles on Organizational Performance: An Empirical Assessment of Banking Sector in Jammu and Kashmir (India) Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM, 17 (8), 31-45
- Nchorbune Dominic A. (2011), Role of Motivation on Employee Performance in University for Development Studies- WA Campus. Ghana.
- Nevid, J. S. (2013). Psychology: Concepts and Applications. Belmont, CA. Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
- Okan, V. Safkali& Mustafa, E. (2012), Universality of the Factors Motivating Employees in Banking Sector of Northern Cyprus. Turkey.
- Opu, S. (2008), Motivation Measures and Improving Workers Performance in Kitgum district. Uganda.
- Orpen, C. (1997), The Effects of Formal Mentoring on Employee Work motivation, Organizational Commitment and Job Performance. Journal: The Learning Organization Vol.4 p 53-60.
- Patrick (2012), Impact of Reward Systems on Corporate Performance: A Case Study of Ghana Commercial Bank Limited. Master of Business Administration, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology 1-90.
- Robina, Umar & Fahad (2013) Impactof Rewards on Organizational Performance: Empirical Evidence from Telecom Sector of Pakistan. Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research 3(5)938-946.
- Thomas, O. (2012), Effects of Motivation on Employee Performance in Ghana Commercial Bank Zone.
- Uzma, G. (2011), Employee Motivation on Job Performance in Ghana Commercial Bank.
[Abdi Muse Ali Geelmaale. (2019); IMPACT OF EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (10). 166-172] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9818 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9818
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.