ANALYSIS OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC FACTORS ON THE PURCHASE DECISION OF THREE-WHEELER CUSTOMERS.
- Postgraduate Department, International College of Business and Technology, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Faculty of IT and Sciences, International College of Business and Technology, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Transport is one of the challenging problems for the general public of Sri Lanka. Due to the failure of meeting public transport needs by bus and railway systems, Three-Wheelers considered as an alternative transport mode of rural and urban areas since the late 1980s. As a result of that more people drive Three-Wheeler as their primary source of income. However, there is a steep reduction in purchases of Three-Wheelers in the last eight years. The objective of this research is to identify the relationship between socio-economic factors and purchase decision of Three-Wheelers. The study analyzed the relationship between personal factors, family background, the standard of living, cost factors and the financial help on the purchase decisions of Three-Wheelers. It was revealed that all the selected factors have positive relationships with the purchase decisions of Three-Wheelers.Out of all the factors, financial help and personal factors have the most significant relationship with the purchase decisions of the customers.
- Aworemi, J.R., Salami, A.O., Adewoye, J.O., &Iiori, M.O. (2008). Impact of socioeconomic characteristics on formal and informal public transport demands in Kwara state, Nigeria.Journal of Business Management, 2(4).
- Central Bank of Sri Lanka. (2007). Economic and Social Statistics of Sri Lanka. Statistics Department, Colombo.
- Central Bank of Sri Lanka. (2008). Economic and Social Statistics of Sri Lanka. Statistics Department, Colombo.
- Central Bank of Sri Lanka. (2017). Economic and Social Statistics of Sri Lanka. Statistics Department, Colombo.
- Hilling, D. (1996). Intermediate Public Transport. Transport and Developing Countries. Routledge, New York, pp. 212-225
- Jiang, Pingjun., Rosenbloom, Bert. (2005). Customer intention to return online: price perception, attribute-level performance, and satisfaction unfolding over time. European Journal of Marketing, 39(1/2), 150 ? 174.
- Kalegama, S., & Mukherji, I. (2007). Indo-Sri Lanka Bilateral Trading Agreement: Six Years Performance and Beyond. Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries, NewDeli
- Kumarage, A. S., Bandara, M., & Munasinghe, D. (2010). Analysis of the economic and social parameters of the Three-Wheeler Taxi service. Elsevier, 395-400
- Mirror- Business online newspaper. (2017). Three-wheeler registrations slump as new leasing levels come into effect(Online). Available from: http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Three-wheeler-registrations-slump-as-new-leasing-levels-come-into-effect--122740.html [Accessed on 2/25/2018]
- Nonis, A. (2003). Crimes on Wheels.Sunday Observer(Online).Available from: http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2003/03/02/fea10.html - 54 - [Accessed on 2/1/2018]
- Raje, F. (2004). Transport Demand Management and Social Inclusion: The need for Ethnic Perspective, Ashgate, England.
- Samarasinghe, T.A, & Samarakkodi, N. C. (1999). A Study on the Operation of Three-Wheelers in Sri Lanka (Final year Thesis). Department of Civil Engineering. The University of Moratuwa.
- Samarakoon, M.T., Wijewardhana, B.V.N. and Shayamali, W.M.W. (2018). A sociological study of the socio-economic background of three-wheel drivers in rural Sri Lanka: Special reference to Rathnapura, Ambilipitiya and Wallavaya areas. International Journal of Academic Research and Development,3(1), 659-662.
[Kapila Senavirathna and Prabu Premkumar. (2019); ANALYSIS OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC FACTORS ON THE PURCHASE DECISION OF THREE-WHEELER CUSTOMERS. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (10). 184-190] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Postgraduate Department, International College of Business and Technology, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9820 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9820
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.