MICROBIOLOGICAL REVIEW OF PLEURAL FLUID SAMPLES A RETROSPECTIVE STUDY.
- PG Resident,Department of Microbiology, MGM medical college & Hospital ,Aurangabad,Maharashtra.
- Professor & Head, Department of Microbiology,MGM medical college & Hospital,Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
- Professor,Department of Microbiology, MGM medical college & Hospital ,Aurangabad,Maharashtra.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Since the advent of antibiotics the microbial etiology of pleural space infections has changed. This can be due to patients related factors such as trauma, underlying disease or surgical procedures, or other reason can be due to methodological factors viz specimen collection, transport and its culture. For these reasons, several studies have found disagreeing findings in the spectrum of pathogens causing pleural space infection. The present study was carried out in department of Microbiology, MGM Medical College, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India with the aimto review the microbiological profile of pleural fluid samples and to observe the antibiogram of the isolates in pleural fluid.
- District laboratory practice in tropical countries. 2nded update part 2 Monica Cheesbrough
- J Porcel, P V?zquez, M Vives. Pleural space infections: Microbiologic and fluid characteristics in 84 patients. The internet journal of pulmonary medicine. 2002 Volume 3 Number 1.
- Terrance W Barnes, Timothy I; Low yield of microbiologic studies on pleural fluid specimens CHEST /127/3/MARCH,2005, 916-921
- Amit banga, G C Khilani; A study of empyema thoracis and role of inntrpleural streptokinase in its management ,BMC Infectious diseases 2004, 4:19
- PreetamRajgopal Acharya, Kusum V Shah; Empyema thoracis :a clinical study ,Annals of Thoracic medicine- Vol2, Issue 1, January-March 2007.
- KY tsang, WS Leung; Complicated parapneumonic effusion and empyema thoracis: microbiology and predictors of adverse outcomes ,Hong Kong Med J Vol 13 No3 June 2007.
- Sharma ShaifaliSoodanuradha; Microbiological analysis of pleural fluids : a study frpm Dr. Rajendra Prasad government medical college, Kangra at Tanda (Himachal Pradesh, India)? ,Indian J Med Research & Phar Sci April 2018; 5(4).
- Bailey & Scott?s Diagnostic Microbiology 14thed, Elsevier, Ch 6 p 76
- RNTCP Fluorescence microscopy SOP final Draft version 31-3-07.
- Walshe AD, Douglas JG, Kerr KM, et al. An audit of the clinical investigation of pleural effusion. Thorax1992 ; 47 ; 734-737.
- P mathur ,Renuka, L Simpson. Indian paediatrics 2003; 40: 252-254.
- R Dewan, S Anuradha; Role of cartridge-based nucleic acid amplification test (CBNAAT) for early diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV, ?JIACM 2015; 16(2): 114-7
- Peter M Hawkey and Annie M Jones. The changing epidemiology of resistance Journal of antimicrobial chemotherapy (2009), 64, Suppl, 1 , i3-i10
- Mahesh gupta, gopalpurohit, sunilvyas. Prevalance of positivity of CBNAAT in extrapulmonary tuberculosis. European respiratory journal 2018 52: Suppl.62, PA2756.
[Tazammul Hussain, M.V.Mulay , A.S.Wyawahare and Ishan Pandita. (2019); MICROBIOLOGICAL REVIEW OF PLEURAL FLUID SAMPLES A RETROSPECTIVE STUDY. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (10). 201-205] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9822 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9822
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.