FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE IN SCHOOL DROPOUT IN HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS FROM A PERSPECTIVE
- Intern of the Master in Educational Management of the National Pedagogic University
- Professor and Researcher of the Faculty of Nursing of the Autonomous University of Campeche
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
School dropout is considered as the abandonment of the educational system by students, caused by a combination of factors that are generated both in school and in social contexts, family and individual contexts. Dropping out of school implies a definitive abandonment of an institution or a University, after having enrolled and therefore cannot finish the degree or level of study. Objective: Identify the causes that influence school dropout and propose strategies to address the interest of the student. Method: This research has a qualitative, descriptive, non-exploratory approach. Subjects: 52 students of higher education. Instrument: The questionnaire was applied to the survey for students about dropout in higher education. Results: Of the participants, 29% (15) are male and 71% (37) are female students. When referring to you, what is school dropout for you, 77% of the students think it is an educational problem that affects the development of the country, 17% commented that for them it is a psychosocial problem and 6% refer That is a complex problem. When asking the students that they will do the next semester, 81% commented that they will continue with their studies and 19% said they will change their degree. Conclusion: The factors that influence school dropout can be mentioned what students think the economic factor considers as a dropout factor, 62% think that crime is also another factor, 71% think that with the support of a scholarship, Having good friendships and a good family relationship consider it a motivation to continue studying.
- Aros y Quezada, A.M. (2003). Adolescence and dropout. Diploma in Public Health and family health Trends in Public Health.
- Survey about school dropout. ??Available: https://es.slideshare.net/KATHERUIZ_10/encuesta-desercin-escolar
- Flankin and Kochan (2000). Risk of dropping out. Retrieved October 14, 2019.
- Available: sisbid.unmsm.edu.pe> BVMagazines> rpp> pdf
- Gracia Hern?ndez Maximiliano. (2015). University dropout in M?xico. Available https://www.milenio.com/opinion/maximiliano-gracia-hernandez/la-economia-del-tunel/desercion-universitaria-en-mexico. Retrieved October 14, 2019
- Hern?ndez, S.R; Fern?ndez, C, C; Baptista, L, P. (2014). Investigation methodology. Sixth edition. Editorial Mc Graw ?Hill / Interamerican. Editores, S.A. from C.V. Mexico.
- Jim?nez, D (2016) Thesis and Research. [Internet blog] Available: http://www.tesiseinvestigaciones.com/example-de-enfoque-cuantitativo-y-cualitativo/ejemplo-de-un-enfoque-cuantitativo-y-un-enfoque-cualitativo [Consult 2016 / Oct. / 03]
- Higher Education in Mexico in the 21st Century. Recovered on October 24, 2019.
- planeacion.uaemex.mx ?InfBasCon?LaEducacionSuperiorenelSigloXXI
- Martinez Morales Javier (2009). Review of theoretical aspects about the problem of school dropout. Available: http: www.eumed.net> rev> CED> mdaaac.
- Rom?n, C, Marcela (2013). Factors associated with dropping out and dropping out of school in Latin America: A look together. REICE Iberoamerican Magazine on Quality, Efficiency and Change in Education, vol. 11, no. 2. Retrieved on October 2, 2019. Available at: http://www.redalyc.org/articulo.oa?id=55127024002
- Tinto Vicent. (1989). Define defection: a matter of perspective. Retrieved on October 1, 2018. Available: publications, anuies.mx> pdfs> magazine.
[Arisveth Guadalupe Alejandro Dorantes and Ana Rosa Can Valle (2019); FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE IN SCHOOL DROPOUT IN HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS FROM A PERSPECTIVE Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (12). 23-29] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
1. Intern of the Master in Educational Management of the National Pedagogic University.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10119 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10119
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.