DEEP PERINEAL ENDOMETRIOSIS ON EPISIOTOMYS CAR: ABOUT A RARE CAS LENDOMETRIOSE PERINEALE PROFONDE SUR CICATRICE DEPISIOTOMIE: A PROPOS DUN CAS RARE
- Obstetrics and Gynecology I - Hassan II University Hospital - Fez- Morocco.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Endometriosis is one of the most common disorders involving women of reproductive age. It generally occurs in the pelvis, particularly in thebroad ligament, round ligament,ovaries, fallopiantubes or uterosacral ligament. However, manyunusual sites have been described, including theumbilicus, cesarean section scars, hernia sacs, appendix, vagina, vulva, omentum and perineum .The incidence of endometriosis at the episiotomy site is quite rare. The typical clinical history and local findings enable us to make the correct diagnosis of the case. A case of deep perineal endometriosis on episiotomy scar was encountered. The treatment of choice is complete surgical excision of endometrial tissue and usually obtains permanent cure. The possiblepa thogensis of endometriosis and various modality of treatment were also discussed.
- Schottler JL, Baclos EG, Goldberg SM. Perinealendometrioma: report of Eve cases.Dis Colon Rect 1976; 19: 260-265
- Steck MW, Helwig EB. Cutaneousendometriosis.J Am Med Assoc 1965;191: 101-104
- Jeffcoate TN: Principles of Gynaecology. Second edition. London, Butterworth & Co, 1962,p 398
- Shickele M: Quoted by Prince I,N. Abrams Endometriosis in episiotomy scar with anal sphincter involvement Diseases of the Colon & Rectum August 1991, 34:713
- Paull T, Tedeschi LG: Perineal endometriosis at the site of episiotomy scar. OI)stet Gynecol 40: 28, 1972
- Ramsey Wlt: Endometrioma involving the perianal tissues: Report of a case. Dis Colon Rectum 14:366, 1971
- Prince LN, Abrams J. Endometriosis of the perineum: review of the literature and case report. Am J ObstetGynewl 1957;73:890-893
- Cheleden J. Endometriosis of the perineum: report of two cases. Southern Med J 1968;61:1313-1314
- Gordon PH, Schottler JL, Balcos EC, Goldberg SM. Perianal endometrioma; report of five cases. Dis Co1 Rect 1976;19:260-265
- Wittich AC. Endomet~~is in an episiotomy scar: review of the literature and report of case. J Am Osteopath Assoc 1982;82:22-23
- Sampson J. The development of the implantation theory for the origin of peritoneal endometriosis. Am J ObstetGynecol 1940;40:549-557
- Hambrick E, Abcaiian H, Smith D. Perinealendometrioma in episiotomy incisions: clinical features and management.Dis Co1 Rect 1979;22:550-552
- Robbius SL: Pathology. Third edition. Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders, 1967, p 1126
- Trampuz V. Endometriosis of the perineum. Am J ObstetGynewl 1962;84:1522-1525
- Robert Akbari, Deborah Evers, Daniel Gagne, Radford Sklow, Thomas Read, Philip Caushaj. Thomas Read and Philip Caushaj. Occult perineal endometriosis and the use of transanal ultrasound. AJG. 2002;(Suppl 9):s151. [Google Scholar]
- Karen Kinkel1,2,4, Charles Chapron3, Corinne Balleyguier1, Xavier Fritel3, Jean-Bernard Dubuisson3 and Jean-Francois Moreau1 Magnetic resonance imaging characteristics of deep endometriosis Department of Gynecological Surgery, Clinique UniversitaireBaudelocque, CHU Cochin, 123
- Beischer N. Endometriosis of an episiotomy scar cured by pregnancy. ObstetGynecol 1966;28:15-21
- Minvielle L, de la Cruz JV: Endometriosis of the anal canal: Presentation of a case. Dis Colon Rectum 11:32, 1968
- David L. Cheng , Debra S. Heller 2p3and Changyul Oh 1 of the perineum; report of two new cases and a review of literature endometriosis of the perineum From the Departments of ? ?Pathology and ?Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of the City University of New York and The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, U.S.A
- PHILIP H. GORDON, M.D. Montreal, P.Q., Canada JERRY L. SCHOTTLER, M.D.MMANUEL G. BALCOS, M.D., STANLEY M . GOLDBERG, M.D. Minneapolis, Minnesota Perianal Endometrioma: Report of Five Cases*
- -C. Liang*a, C.-C. Tsaia, T.-C. Chenb, Y.-K. Soonga Management of perineal endometriosis Department of ObstetricsandGynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan Departmentof Pathology, Chaag Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, Taipei, October1995.
[Imane Benchiba, Nessiba Abdelkader, Nissrine Mamouni, Sanaa Errarhay, Chahrazed Bouchikhi and Abdelaziz Banani (2020); DEEP PERINEAL ENDOMETRIOSIS ON EPISIOTOMYS CAR: ABOUT A RARE CAS LENDOMETRIOSE PERINEALE PROFONDE SUR CICATRICE DEPISIOTOMIE: A PROPOS DUN CAS RARE Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (2). 142-146] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10445 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10445
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.