- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Perforation peritonitis in India has a different spectrum as compared to the western countries and requires urgent surgery. Here, we presented a case of perforation peritonitis of 58 years old female. The patient suffered from severe abdominal pain, mild distention with generalized guarding and marked rebound tenderness around the umbilical region. She was diagnosed as perforated peritonitis. The patient underwent Exploratory Laprotomy with modified grahams procedure and initiated early ambulation post- operatively. She stayed in the hospital for 7 days,during which the patient\\\\\\\'s health improved and feels comfortable. Case Report: Mrs. Neelavathy, housewife, 58ears old got admitted in female surgical ward on 21.01.2019 with a complaints of severe abdominal pain, vomiting and abdominal distension for the past 6 days. On admission she was conscious and oriented. On examination she was afebrile, pulse- 88 beats/min, blood pressure 120/78 mm of Hg and respiratory rate of 20/min. Abdominal examination findings revealed severe abdominal pain, mild distention with generalized guarding and marked rebound tenderness around the umbilical region. There were no palpable masses and bowel sounds were absent. No family history of communicable disease, hypertension and DM. Basic investigations includs random blood sugar- 180mg/dl, Sr. urea- 40 mg/dl, Creatinine- 1.8 mg/dl, sodium- 136 mg/dl, potassium- 4.0 mg/dl, chloride 101mg/dl, Hb 10 mg, PT- 16.8 seconds, INR- 1.381 , CBC, sr. electrolyte and grouping were done. Ultrasound abdomen suggested free fluid in The abdomen cavity . On the basis of history collection , physical examination, she was diagnosed as Perforated Peritonitis . The patient was kept nil per oral, IVF started initiated and on 22.01.2019 underwent for Exploratory Laprotomy under general Anaesthesia and initiated early ambulation post- operatively. She was on Inj. Cefataximine 500 mg IV q6h, Inj. Octrotide 50 mcg s/c OD, Inj. Emeset 8mg bd .
- Pavlidis, T. E. \\\\\\\"Cellular changes in association with defense mechanisms in?intra-abdominal?sepsis.\\\\\\\"?Minerva chirurgica?6 (2003):?777-781.
- Ch, Biram, et al. \\\\\\\"A Clinical Study of the Spectrum of Gastro Intestinal Perforation Peritonitis in Rural Southern East Rajasthan.\\\\\\\"?Journal of Universal Surgery?2 (2017).
- Ordonez, Carlos A., and Juan Carlos Puyana. \\\\\\\"Management of peritonitis in the critically ill patient.\\\\\\\"?Surgical Clinics?6 (2006):?1323-1349.
- Rohit, Dushyant Kumar, R. S. Verma, and Grishmraj Pandey. \\\\\\\"Clinical study and management of peritonitis secondary to perforated peptic ulcer.\\\\\\\"?International Surgery Journal?8 (2017):?2721-2726.
- Ferri, Fred F. (2017).?Ferri\\\\\\\'s Clinical Advisor 2018 E-Book: 5 Books in 1. Elsevier Health Sciences. pp.?979?980.?ISBN9780323529570.
- Meena, Laxmi Narayan, Sanchit Jain, and Prahlad Bajiya. \\\\\\\"Gastrointestinal perforation peritonitis in India: A study of 442 cases.\\\\\\\"?Saudi Surgical Journal?3 (2017): 116.
- \\\\\\\"Acute Abdominal Pain\\\\\\\".?Merck Manuals Professional Edition. Retrieved?31 December2017.
- Prasad, N. Baba Guru, and KV Bhaskar Reddy. \\\\\\\"A study of acute peritonitis: evaluation of its mortality and morbidity.\\\\\\\"?International Surgery Journal?2 (2016):?663-668.
- Kolar, Mila, et al. \\\\\\\"Free intestinal perforation in children with Crohn\\\\\\\'s disease systematic literature review and case report.\\\\\\\"?Journal of Pediatric Surgery Case Reports?(2018).
- Bali, Rajandeep Singh, et al. \\\\\\\"Perforation peritonitis and the developing world.\\\\\\\"?ISRN surgery?2014 (2014).
- \\\\\\\"Encyclopaedia?: Peritonitis\\\\\\\".?NHS Direct Wales. 25 April 2015. Retrieved?31 December2017.
- \\\\\\\"Peritonitis: Emergencies: Merck Manual Home Edition\\\\\\\". Retrieved?2007-11-25.
- Chakma, Sujit M., et al. \\\\\\\"Spectrum of perforation peritonitis.\\\\\\\"?Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR?11 (2013): 2518.
- Coppolino, F. F., et al. \\\\\\\"Gastrointestinal perforation: ultrasonographic diagnosis.\\\\\\\"?Critical ultrasound journal?S1 (2013): S4.
[V. Uma, Shruthi kamal, J.Jasmine and Sriramlu (2019); CASE REPORT OF PERFORATION PERITONITIS Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (12). 72-74] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10126 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10126
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.