GREEN SYNTHESIS OF HYDROXY APATITE NANOPARTICLE BY SOL - GEL METHOD USING PAPAYA LEAF (CARICA PAPAYA) AND INDIAN NETTLE LEAF (ACALYPHA INDICA) AS SOLVENTS
- Assistant Professor,Department of Chemistry and Physics, Nadar Saraswathi College of Arts and Science, Theni-625531, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The HAP Nanoparticles were produced from Sol-Gel method by adding 1M of calcium hydroxide, 0.6M of orthophosphoric Acid were prepared using papaya (Carica papaya) leaf and Indian nettle (acalypha indica) leaf extract as the solvents. Sol-Gel method was not sensitive regarding the preparation conditions, easy to operate and implement, which controlled the structure, morphology, and particle size of nanomaterials. The HAP materials synthesized by sol-gel process were efficient to improve the contact and stability at the artificial/natural bone interfaces in both in vitro and in vivo environment.Hydroxyapatite was the dominant inorganic phase in natural bone. Synthetic hydroxyapatite particles, films, coatings, fibers and porous skeletons were used extensively in various biomedical applications. The presence of HAP nanoparticles were studied by various analytical techniques such as UV, XRD, FTIR and SEM. HAP had excellent bioactivity and biocompatibility along with strong antimicrobial activity that make them as potential materials for tissue engineering, orthopaedic and dental applications.
- Nayak A K 2010 International J. of chem. Tech.Res.2 903-907.
- Azis Y, Jamarun N, Arief S and Nur H 2015 Oriental J. Chem. 31 1099-1105.
- AsgharAbidi SS, Murtaza Q. Synthesis and characterization of nanohydroxyapatite powder using wet chemical precipitation reaction. UPB Sci Bull B. 2013; 75:3-12.
- Nayak AK. Hydroxyapatite synthesis methodologies: An overview. Int J Chem T Res. 2010;2:903-7.
- Monmaturapoj N. Nano-size hydroxyapatite powders preparation by wet-chemical precipitation route. J Met Mater Miner. 2008;18:15-20.
- Akagi H, Ochi H, Soeta S, et al. A comparison of the process of remodeling of hydroxyapatite/poly-D/L-lactide and betatricalcium phosphate in a loading site. BioMed Res Inter.2015;2015:1-14.
- Laura CR, Avram NI, Georgiana AM, et al. Tetracycline loaded collagen/hydroxyapatite composite materials for biomedical applications. J Nano mater. 2015;1-5.
- John Michel, Matthew Penna, Juan Kochen, et al.Recent advances in hydroxyapatite scaffolds containing mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells Int. 2015;1-13.
- Sasikumar S, Vijayaraghavan R. Low temperature synthesis of nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite from egg shells by combustion method. Trends Biometer Artf Organs. 2006;19:70-3.
- Singh A. Hydroxyapatite a biomaterial: Its chemical synthesis, characterization and study of biocompatibility prepared from shell of garden snail, Helix aspersa. B Mater Sci. 2012;35:1031-8.
- Agrawal K, Gurbhinder S, Devendra P, et al. Synthesisand characterization of hydroxyapatite powder by sol-gel method for biomedical application. J Miner and MaterCharacterization and Eng. 2011;10:727-34.
- Rajkumar, M., N. Meenakshisundaram and V. Rajendran, 2011. Development of nanocomposites based on hydroxyapatite/sodium alginate: Synthesis and Characterization. Journal of Materials Characterization, 62: 460-479.
- Fathi, M.H. and A. Hanifi, 2007. Evaluation and characterization of nanostructure hydroxyapatite powder prepared by simple sol-gel method. Journal of Materials Letters, 61: 3978-3983.
- S. National Plant Germplasm System. 9 May 2011. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
[S. Chitra Devi, B. Narmadha and C. Kanagavalli (2020); GREEN SYNTHESIS OF HYDROXY APATITE NANOPARTICLE BY SOL - GEL METHOD USING PAPAYA LEAF (CARICA PAPAYA) AND INDIAN NETTLE LEAF (ACALYPHA INDICA) AS SOLVENTS Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (2). 232-241] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Assistant Professor,Department of Chemistry and Physics, Nadar Saraswathi College of Arts and Science, Theni-625531, Tamil Nadu, India
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10458 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10458
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.