- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
A descriptive study to assess the knowledge of mothers of under five children regarding management of diarrhea in paediatric OPD at Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector-32, Chandigarh.The objectives of the study were to assess the level of knowledge of mothers of children less than five years of age regarding management of diarrhea and to find out association between knowledge score with selected socio demographic variables. A prospective, observational research design was used. Purposive sampling technique was used to select 260 subjects visiting paediatric OPD, Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector-32, Chandigarh. Data obtained from study subjects by Performa?s developed by the researchers consisting of Part A - to collect socio-demographic data and Part B - to assess knowledge of mothers of under five children regarding management of diarrhoea. Data analysis was done by calculating mean, percentage and correlation coefficient by using descriptive and inferential statistics at p<0.05 was considered statistically significance. The study concluded that majority of the mothers of under five children had average knowledge regarding management of diarrhea. There was association between knowledge score and marital status.The findings of the study reveal that out of 260 subjects, 23% had good knowledge, 73% had average knowledge and 4% had poor knowledge regarding management of diarrhea in under five children.
- Dorothy R,Barbara A .The Text Book of Pediatric Nursing. Saunders publication 6thedition ; 2002.
- Dutta P. Pediatric Nursing. Jaypee brothers 2ndedition; 2009:294-8.
- Kelly P, Khanfir H, David PH, Arata M. Environmental and behavioral risk factors for diarrheal disease in Morocco; Environmental health project. 2013;89;95-9.
- Shah MS, Ahmad A, Khalique N. Home based management of acute diarrhea disease in Aligarh, a descriptive study , J Infect Dew Ctries 2012;6(2):137-42.
- Datta V,JohnR,Singh VP. Maternal knowledge, attitude and practices towards diarrhea and oral rehydration therapy in rural Maharashtra, a cross sectional study,Indian J Pediatr 2001;68(11):1035-7.
[Ramandeep Kaur and Kajal (2019); A DESCRIPTIVE STUDY TO ASSESS THE KNOWLEDGE OF MOTHERS OF UNDER FIVE CHILDREN REGARDING MANAGEMENT OF DIARRHEA Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (12). 122-125] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
college of nursing, GMCH, Chandigarh
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10135 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10135
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.