A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON MCKENZIE EXERCISES AND ROCABADOS TECHNIQUE ON PAIN AND RANGE OF MOTION IN PATIENTS WITH TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT DISORDERS
- Intern, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam College of Physiotherapy, Loni, Maharashtra, India.
- Assistant Professor, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam College of Physiotherapy, Loni, Maharashtra, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
A Comparative study on McKenzie Exercises and Rocabados Technique on Pain and Range of motion in patients with Temporomandibular Joint Disorders. Objective: To compare the effect of McKenzie exercises and Rocabados technique on pain and range of motion in patients with Temporomandibular Joint Disorders. Methodology: 30 participants of age group 20-40 years were selected according to the selection criteria. They were randomly assigned into two groups: Group A was given McKenzie Exercises; Group B was given Rocabados Technique. The amount of pain was assessed using Numerical Pain Rating Scale and range of motion were assessed using plastic ruler, respectively. The entire procedure was explained to the participants and informed consent was taken. McKenzie exercises were given for 10-12 times and 3 sets in a session and Rocabados technique were given for 10-15 repetitions for 5-6 times in a session. Numerical Pain Rating Scale scores and range of motion were checked before and after the intervention and results were analyzed. Outcome Measure: Numerical Pain Rating Scale and Inter-incisor mouth opening was used for the purpose of assessment of pain and range of motion. Result: The comparison of post intervention scores of Numerical Pain Rating Scale of group A and group B was significant (p = 0.0001) and also the comparison of post intervention scores of Range of motion of group A and group B was moderately significant (p = 0.0001) Conclusion: This study concludes that both McKenzie exercises and Rocabados technique is effective in reducing pain and increasing range of motion but McKenzie exercises is comparatively more effective than Rocabados Technique.
- Mulla ns, babu vk, kumar sn, rizvi sr. Effectiveness of rocabado's technique for subjects wity temporomandibular joint dysfunction-a single blind study. International journal of physiotherapy. 2015 feb 1;2(1):365-75.
- Vijay kage and rohan kalekar: received 7th april, 2018 received in revised form 16th may, 2018 accepted 3rd june, 2018 published online 28th july, 2018, international journal of current advanced research http://journalijcar.org/sites/default/files/issue-files/7190-a-2018.pdf
- Rajadurai v. The effect of the muscle energy technique on temporomandibular joint disfunction. A randomized clinical trial. Asian j sci res. 2011;4(1):71-7.
- Krebs e., carey t. And weinbergm.: accuracy of pain numerating scale as a screening test in primary care. Journal of general internal medicine,22: 1453-8, 2007
- Trivedi pt, bhatt p, dhanakoti s. Comparison of muscle energy technique and myo fascial release technique on pain and range of motion in patients with temporomandibular joint dysfunction.
[Manasi Borse and Pradeep Borkar (PT) (2020); A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON MCKENZIE EXERCISES AND ROCABADOS TECHNIQUE ON PAIN AND RANGE OF MOTION IN PATIENTS WITH TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT DISORDERS Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (Jan). 891-896] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Intern, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam College of Physiotherapy, Loni, Maharastra, India
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10378 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10378
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.