- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Objectives: The main objective of this paper is to make an attempt to analytically study the basic reasons for increase in NPAs/analyze gross NPAs in SBI group and the measures taken so far and their impact. Method: Data is collected for the Variables namely Net Profit Margin, Return on Equity and Return on Assets, Gross NPAs to Gross Advances, Net NPAs to Net Advances, Cost to Income and Provision Coverage Ratio. Secondary data is collected for a period of 5 years i: e from 2014-15 financial year to 2018-2019 Financial Year. Statistical tool like percentage analysis is used to identify the reasons for increase in NPAs of State Bank of India. Result: It was found in the study that, the major sectors contributed for the increase in NPAs in SBI are mid and Large corporates and not the priority sector. NPAs are increasing from the last five years as shown in the ratios calculated. This is due to change in the method of projecting NPAs and stringent norms by RBI. Conclusion:The present paper analyzed and identified the reasons for increasing trend of NPAs in SBI group. SBI is in hope that it could see the development in coming years as they are expecting the resolutions for pending cases from the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
- Rakhi Banerjee, Mitra Rahul, Asian Journal of Research in Banking and Finance - Year : 2018, Volume : 8, Issue : 6, First page : ( 1) Last page : ( 16) , Online ISSN : 2249-7323
- Arun kumar, Anoop kumar, Ganesh Komma, New Century Publications 2018, Banking Industry and Non-performing assets, Page 67-90
- Bharati Pathak, Pearson Publications, Indian Financial System, Page 552-558
- R.Pillai, Indian journal of finance Volume 12, Issue 3, 1 March 2018, Pages 58-68
- Manish Kumar, Mr.Narayana, Suman, Pacific Indian Journal of Research, ISSN 2250-1991 Business Review International Volume 10 Issue 4, October 2017
- Miyan Mohammed, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, Jan/Feb2017, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p46-52. 7p
- Syed Ibrahim, Rangaswamy, \"Journal of Finance and Bank Management (American Research Institute for Policy Development), March 2014, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 31-48, ISSN: 2333-6064 (Print), 2333-6072 (Online)
- Tulika Hora, Raga, Asra Khan, Emperor International Journal of Finance and Management Research, ISSN:2395 5929
- Vivek Rajbahadur Singh, Annual Research Journal of SCMS, Pune Vol. 4, March 2016 ISSN 2348?0661 Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune
- A. Kavitha, International Journal of Modern Trends in Science and Technology , Volume 2, Issue 3, ISSN 2455 3778
- Sumit Khanna, Parul Maurya, International Journal of Engineering and Management Research, Volume 6, Issue 5, ISSN (ONLINE): 2250-0758, ISSN (PRINT): 2394-6962,page 470-479
- Ojha, \"Asian Journal of Research in Banking and Finance - Year : 2017, Volume : 7, Issue : 11, First page : ( 5) Last page : ( 16) Online ISSN : 2249-7323
[Sai Kishore V. and Hema Divya (2020); AN ANALYTICAL STUDY ON NPAS OF STATE BANK OF INDIA Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (Feb). 90-94] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Associate Professor, Department of Management Studies, Geethanjali College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad, India.
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10439 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10439
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.