- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The study was conducted to identify the motivating factors of teachers in developing supplementary learning materials in the Schools Division in Central Luzon, Philippines.Findings revealed there were ten (10) motivating factors that help teachers to develop supplementary learning materials namely: helps them to deliver the lesson easier motivates learners receives recognition and achievement promotes participation and ICT collaboration develops creativity enhances teaching and learning processes enhances language, skills and communication provides contextualized instructional materials develops skills in writing and drawing and helps them for ranking purposes. While there were hindering factors why teachers could not develop supplementary learning materials such as: lack of ICT skills and knowledge lack of time, lack of materials lack of budget their teaching loads additional clerical works stress lack of support no internet connection and their attitude towards the development of SLMs. Based from the findings of the study, a proposed policy was developed to further improve teachers motivational factors in developing SLMs and to respond to the issues addressed by the teachers regarding the matter. Conclusions were drawn and recommendations were offered.
- Akilli, M., & Keskin, H. K. (2016). The motivational factors affecting the preference of teaching profession in Turkey. Cogent Education, 36, 1?9. https://doi.org/10.1080/2331186X.2016.1240652
- Journal, I. E., & Education, E. (2015). Instructional Materials Commonly Employed by Foreign Language Teachers at Elementary, 8(1), 69?82.
- Karsli, M. D., & Iskender, H. (2009). To examine the effect of the motivation provided by the administration on the job satisfaction of teachers and their institutional commitment. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1(1), 2252?2257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2009.01.396
- DepEd Order No. 71, s. 2011, ?National Adoption and Implementation of the LearningResources Management and Development System (LRMDS)?.
- Division Memorandum No. 24 s. 2018, ?Standard Procedure in Learning Resource Development and Quality Assurance?.
[Edward C., Jimenez, Frie and Csee (2020); MOTIVATING FACTORS OF TEACHERS IN DEVELOPING SUPPLEMENTARY LEARNING MATERIALS (SLMs) Int. J. of Adv. Res. 8 (May). 108-113] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Department of Education, Philippines
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/10912
DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/10912
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.