Gubernacular cord: An incidental finding on the CBCT scan
Abstract: The first reference to the gubernacular cord and canal occurred in 1778, by an English Scientist called John Hunter, which described these structures after observing a connection between the bone ridge of the tooth in development and the gingiva.1 The gubernacular canal, which enables the continuity of the bone ridge of permanent incisors, canines and premolars with the tissue of the overlying gingiva itself, it is filled by the gubernacular cord, which is composed by a fibrous connective tissue containing peripheral nerves, blood and lymphatic vessels, as well as epithelial cells or cell aggregates coming from the fragmentation of the dental lamina.
[Junaid Ahmed, Arjun Kumar Tallada, Aishwarya Nair, Nandita Shenoy (2015); Gubernacular cord: An incidental finding on the CBCT scan Int. J. of Adv. Res. 3 (4). 0] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Share this article
Download Full PaperDownload PDF No. of Downloads: 13 | No. of Views: 14
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.