EVALUATION TOOL FOR THE FORCASTINGINITIAL EVALUATION OF SCHOOL ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECTS: A CASE STUDY.
- Ph.D., Med, School Advisor for Secondary Science Teachers of West Crete, Greece.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Evaluation is an integral part of teaching and learning process focusing on actual teaching practice, deeply transformative force in society, offering feedback and optimization to the teaching activities. The carried out research was a qualitative approach to the initialprimary, forecasting, diagnostic evaluation of school environmental projects, focusing to the needs of stakeholders and participants, the recording of objectives, type and model, schedule and budget of evaluation giving emphasis to the service or not of requirements and expectations of the project stakeholders, the used methodology and the materialized activities that matches the objectives. An Evaluation Tool for the forecasting evaluation of school projects of Environmental Education developed to serve the needs of the research. The design of evaluation, especially the forecasting initial evaluation,is extremely neglected in Greek SPEEs which submitted for approval of implementation in Secondary Education of Crete, also in the rest regions of Greece as bibliographic research appealed, mainly attributed to the type of the used Application Form which needs upgrade, also to the lack of the proper teachers’ training. In order to design educational interventions in the Greek schools of the 21st century with aims-centered characteristics, innovative, sustainable, integration and digital, the School Projects of Environmental Education, need to be materialized in more comprehensive framework with detailed templates of Application Form and Final Report by well-educated teachers.
- Aegean (2004) Project Management Guide "School Programs of Environmental Education", 2002-2006, Aegean University, available Aegean/ee.gr
- Aggelidou E. &Kritikou E. (2006) How is shaped the profile of teachers of Secondary Education of East Attica who permanently or temporarily stopped the implementation of environmental education programs, 2nd Congress of School Programs IP Athens 15-17 December 2006
- Bell J. (1997) Methodological Design of Pedagogical and Social Research, Publications Gutenberg, Athens
- Circular YPEPTH Doc. Ref. 117 302 / C7 / 19.10.2007, entitled: Design and implementation of School Activities program: Career Education, Environmental Education, Health Education, Cultural issues, Comenius- Leonardo da Vinci and eTwinning, Integrated Administrative Affairs Sector Studies, Education and Innovation, D / Directorate of Advisory Vocational Guidance and Educational Activities, section B of Environmental Education, Athens
- Cohen, L. and Manion, L. (1994) Research Methods in Education (4th edn), London: Routledge
- Dimitriou A. (2007) Evaluation of School Programs of Environmental Education, University Notes in the Postgraduate Program of Environmental Education, University of the Aegean, TEPAES, Rhodes
- Dimitropoulos E. (1999) Evaluation of Education and Training Programs, the evaluator Guide, Gregory Publications, Athens
- Drakonaki Ch. (2006) Environmental education in schools of Secondary Education of Lasithi, 2nd Congress of School Programs of Environmental Education, Athens 15-17 December 2006
- EC (2007) Schools for the 21st Century, Working Paper of the European Commission Services, Brussels, 11.07.2007, SEC (2007) 1009, Available 23-09-2010 http://ec.europa.eu/education/ school21 / consultdoc_el.pdf and 29-o1-2016 http://e-learning.sch.gr/pluginfile.php/7824/mod_resource/content/0/GENIKO_MEROS/ENOTHTA_1/MATHIMA_1/SCHOOLS_FOR_THE_20TH_CENTURY.pdf
- EKDDA (2012) Indicators for Programs’ evaluation INEP, http://www.ekdd.gr/ekdda/index.php/gr/2012-06-19-08-31-50/48-2012-06-29-12-10-45/118-2013-01-04-09-27-47
- Erasmus+ (2014) Guide for Experts on Quality Assessment, Actions managed by National Agencies, European Commission, Version 1: 26/02/2014, available 220416 http://jaunatne.gov.lv/sites/default/files/web/ErasmusPlus/2014/dokumenti/expert-guide_en_youth.pdf
- Erasmus (2016) Erasmus+ Programme Guide, Version 2 (2016), https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/documents/eforms_en
- Flogaiti E. (1993) Environmental Education, Greek University Press
- Flogaiti E. (2006) Education for Environment and Sustainability, publications Greek Letters, 2nd edition
- Frangoulis I. (2006) Design and development of Quality Indicators for Evaluating Local History’s Programs in Primary Education, 5th National Conference of Greek Pedagogical Society, Thessaloniki 24-26 November 2006
- Hesselink F., Kempen P., and Wals A. (Editors), (2000) ESDebate: International debate on education for sustainable development, Commission on Education and Communication of IUCN - The World Conservation Union, IUCN Publications Services Unit, Switzerland
- Hungerford H., Litherland R., Peyton R., Ramsey J. & Volk T. (1996), Investigating & Evaluating Environmental Issues & Actions, available 5-4-2007 on http://www.classroomearth.org/classroomearth/programs/investigate_and_evaluate.cfm
- Ioannidou E., Kourou M., Tzelfe-Anesti S. (2005), The Contribution of environmental education programs in the effectiveness of the school, 1st Conference of School Programs of Environmental Education, Corinthia 23-25 September 2005
- Iosifidis Th. (2003) Qualitative Data Analysis in the Social Sciences, Kritiki Publications, Athens
- Kalathaki M. &Sfakianaki M. (2008). Metacognitive approach of an evaluation inquiry of school projects of environmental education in prefecture of Heraklion, Proceedings of 4th Panhellenic Conference of PEEKPE under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, “Towards Sustainable Development, Natural Resources, Society, Environmental Education”, Nafplio 12-14/12/2008, in electronic format on CD-ROM and on the website, http://kpe-kastor.kas.sch.gr/peekpe4/proceedings/synedria11/kalathaki.pdf
- Kalathaki M (2015) Evaluation Tool for Teachers’ Training Projects of Environmental Education, International Journal of Education, Macrothink Institute, ISSN 1948-5476, 2015, Vol. 7, No. 1, http://www.macrothink.org/journal/index.php/ije/article/view/6927/5719
- Katsikis A., (2000), Environmental Education: Findings and configured orientations. Environmental Education in the Context of the 21st Century Education: Perspectives and Possibilities. Larisa: Primary Education UTH, pp. 101-110.
- Koutouzis M., Chatziefstratiou I., (1999) Evaluation of the Educational Unit, in Administration of Educational Units-Social and European Dimension of Educational Administration, Volume III, Greek Open University, Patras, 1999
- Mavrikaki E. (2001) The problem of the evaluation of school environmental education programs-Models, evaluation processes and proposals, Congress School Knowledge and Teaching in Primary Education, Ioannina
- NTUA (2007) Educational material for Teachers and Executives Training Seminar of Environmental Education, EPEAEK II Writing Group with scientific responsible Professor Koutsopoulos K., National Technical University of Athens
- Ojedokun E. O. (2012) Diffusing Education for Sustainability Into Teacher Education Programme in Nigeria: A Theory in Use, World Journal of Education, Vol. 2, No. 2; April 2012 doi:10.5430/wje.v2n2p109 URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.5430/wje.v2n2p109
- Papaioannou (2013) Evaluation in Education, Management Proficiency Certificate National Centre for Public Administration and Decentralization (EKDDA)
- PI (2011) Major Training Program, Basic Training Material, Volume A: General Part, Pedagogical Institute, Athens, available on http://www.epimorfosi.edu.gr/
- Rio+20 (2012) “The_Future_We_Want”, Conference_outcome_document, Rio+20 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, Rio de Janeiro, 20-22 June 2012http://www.hellenicaid.gr/diethnes-plaisio/diethnes-plaisio/pagkosmia-diaskepse-gia-te-biosime-anaptuxe-ton-ee-rio-20.html
- UN (2015) Education 2030 Incheon Declaration and Framework for Action Towards inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong learning for all, available http://www.unesco.org/new/fileadmin/multimedia/HQ/ED/ED_new/pdf/FFA-ENG-27Oct15.pdf
- UNESC (2004) Draft UNECE Strategy for Education for Sustainable Development, Addendum, Background, 2nd Regional Meeting on Education for Sustainable Development, Rome, 15-16 July 2004, cep/ac.13/2004/8/add.1, 18May 2004, Economic Commission for Europe Committee on Environmental Policy
- UNESCO (2012) Exploring Sustainable Development: A Multiple-Perspective Approach, Education for Sustainable Development in Action, Learning & Training Tools N°3 – 2012, UNESCO Education Sector, United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014) http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0021/002154/215431E.pdf
- UNECE (2006) Expert group on Indicators for Education for Sustainable Development, Fourth meeting, The Hague (the Netherlands), 10-12 May, Available 070208 on http://www.unece.org/env/esd/inf.meeting.docs/EGonInd/Guidance.for.reporting.final.e.pdf.
- Vergidis D. &Karalis Th. (1999) Adult Education: planning, organization and evaluation of programs, EAP, Patras, 1999
- Wolhuter C.C. (2011) Teacher Education to Meet Twenty-First Century Society, chapter in book ‘Teacher Education in Modern Era, Trends and Issues’ by Anastasiadis P et al, University of Crete, Pedagogical Institute, Athens
- Zachariou A (2007) Interdisciplinary in Environmental Education and Education for the Sustainable Development, University Notes in the Postgraduate Program of Environmental Education, University of the Aegean, TEPAES, Rhodes
- Zygouri E., (2005), Evaluation of environmental education programs: Theory and Practice, Athens: Typothito
[Kalathaki Maria. (2017); EVALUATION TOOL FOR THE FORCASTINGINITIAL EVALUATION OF SCHOOL ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECTS: A CASE STUDY. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (Jan). 2938-2948] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
School Advisor for Secondary Science Teachers of West Crete, Greece
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/3095
DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/3095
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.