AN EVALUATIVE STUDY TO ASSESS THE EFFECTIVENESS OF LEMON JUICE ON PREGNANCY INDUCED HYPERTENSION AMONG ANTENATAL MOTHERS IN DOMMASANDRA PHC, BANGALORE.
- Associate professor krupanidhi college of nursing affiliated to rguhs, bangalore.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Hypertension is one of the most important public health challenges in worldwide. Uncontrolled hypertension can cause mild and severe consequences in Pregnancy and the diet plays an important role in maintaining health, as an alternative therapy a citrus fruit like lemon causes clinically significant interactions with a variety of drugs including calcium antagonists. Lemon juice contains vitamin c which reduces systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Regular practice of ingestion of lemon juice would have a positive impact in controlling blood pressure. OBJECTIVES:To determine the effect of lemon juice on selected physiological parameters among PIH mothers in experimental group .To compare the physiological parameters of PIH mothers in both experimental and control group.To determine the association between physiological parameters and selected demographic variables among PIH mothers.METHODS: A quasi experimental pre-test and post test design with control group was used for this study. A sample of 30 PIH mother between the age group of 20 ? 25 were selected by using purposive sampling technique and 15 mothers each were assigned randomly to the experimental and control group. Base line data, mercury sphygmomanometer, stethoscope were used to obtain the data .RESULT: Result of study revealed that there was significant deference between mean pre test and post test score of systolic blood pressure at 1st day( Mean=138.66) and 5th day ( Mean=126 ) , diastolic blood pressure at 1st day ( Mean=90) and 5th day ( Mean=80 ) among experimental group. The obtained?t? value of systolic and diastolic mean for pre test and post test (5.025 and 5.076) was greater than the table value, that inferred that Lime juice is effective in reducing Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.CONCLUSION:The finding of the study concluded that Lime juice intake is effective during Pregnancy Induced Hypertension in reducing Blood Pressure.
- Adele Pillitere. Maternal and Child Health Nursing. 6th edition , Lippincott & wilkins company 2010 pg-575.
- Annamma Jacob, A Comprehensive Textbook of Midwifery. Jaypee Brothers Medical publisher (P) LTD 2nd edition reprint
- C Dutta, Textbook of obstretricsJaypee Brothers Medical Publishers(p) Ltd,New Delhi 7th Edition reprint 2013 Pg no-219.
- K Park. The Text Book of Preventive and Social Medicine. 12th edition ,Banarsidas Bhanot Nagpur Road Pg no -683
- Shirish N Daftary and Sudip Chakravarti
- Mannual of Obstetrics, Elsevier a division of Reed Elsevier India (P) LTD 2ND edition reprint 2007 Pg no -9.
- Suresh k Sharma. Nursing Research and Statistics, Published by Elsevier, a division of Reed Elsevier India Private limited Pg no ? 375 to 376
- Danish N, Fawad A, Abbasi N. Assessment of pregnancy outcome in primi gravida, 2010 Apr-Jun22(2) 23-5 Pg no -111
- Jaya Priya .J. Deep Breathing Exercise and Hypertension: a Pilot Study of Indian MSC (dissertation).Karnataka: Rajiv Gandhi University: 2014
- Kausik R. Blood Pressure before and after abdominal breathing exercise among hypertensive patient 2015 Page no ( 8 )
- Ramesh K, Sangeetha Gandhi and Vishwas Rao. Socio- Demographic and other Risk Factors of Pre- Eclampsia 2014 Volume 8 Page no (111)
- Sibai B, Dekker G, kupferminc M. Pre-eclampsia Lancet 2005:365(9461); 785-99
- Silva LM ,Coolman M,Steegers EA, Jaddoe VW , Moll HA, Hofman A, Mackenbach-JP, Raat H. Low socioeconomic status is a risk factor for preeclampsia 2008jun, 26(6) Page no (111)
- Sibai BM, Hypertension in pregnancy, In: Gabbe SG, Niebyl JR, Simpson JL, editors. Obstetrics: normal and problem pregnancies. 5th Churchill Livingston, New York: 1996, Page no (935-996)
- Adibelli Z, Dilek M, AKpolat T.Lemon juice as an alternative therapy in hypertension.2008 Jun 26:135(2).
[Uma Parvathi. (2018); AN EVALUATIVE STUDY TO ASSESS THE EFFECTIVENESS OF LEMON JUICE ON PREGNANCY INDUCED HYPERTENSION AMONG ANTENATAL MOTHERS IN DOMMASANDRA PHC, BANGALORE. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 6 (Jan). 1402-1407] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/6365
DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/6365
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.