- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Food Delivery Apps have broken into the conventional practices and have offered a convenient solution to the problem of busy work schedules not letting people go out for a delicious meal. The need and the rise of these apps have largely been driven by Millenials. While this transition from the conventional practices is largely based upon the customer satisfaction and the perception about these apps, there are several other factors that have to be taken into account for adoption of Food Delivery Apps. For this purpose, the paper attempts to assess multiple factors that affect the adoption of food delivery apps that have been analyzed individually solely on the basis of primary data collected by using a questionnaire survey. The paper examines the usage pattern of these apps on a weekly basis and helps us identify the most preferred app out of the many apps customers use for the same purpose. The study also talks about the amount a person generally spends on an average per week to order food at home. All the results have been expressed using different statistical tools using pie charts, bar diagrams etc. and hypothesis testing methods to extrapolate the results of the study.
- Beliya, A., Kujur, R., Verma, M., Nagwanshi, K. V., Sahu, S., Uikey, N., & Bhat, A. A. (2019). Satisfaction of consumers by using online food services. International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (IJHSS), 8(4), 35-44.
- Das, J. (2018, October). Consumer perception towards ?online food ordering and delivery services?: An empirical study. Journal of Management (JOM), 5(5), 155-163. Retrieved from http://www.iaeme.com/JOM/issues.asp?JType=JOM&VType=5&IType=5
- Gawande, N., Pachaghare, G., & Deshmukh, A. (2019). A Study of Customer Perception about Online Food Ordering Services in Amravati City. InterInational Journal of Latest Technology in Engineering, Management & Applied Science (IJLTEMAS), VIII(IV), 114-116.
- Ghosh, R., & Saha, T. R. (2018, July). A study of e-payment system on food delivery industry: A case study on Swiggy. International Journal on Recent Trends in Business and Tourism, 2(3).
- Gupta, M. (2019, March). A Study on Impact of Online Food delivery app on Restaurant Business special reference to zomato and swiggy. International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), 6(1), 889-893.
- Jacob, A. M., Sreedharan, N. V., & K, S. (2019, May). Consumer Perception of Online Food Delivery Apps in Kochi. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), 8(7S2), 302-305.
- Jadhav, D. S. (2018, April). Food Ordering Mobile Applications ? A new wave in Food Entrepreneurship. International Journal of Latest Technology in Engineering, Management & Applied Science (IJLTEMAS), VII(IV), 110-115.
- Kanteti, D. l. (2018). Innovative strategies of startup firms in India - A study on online food delivery companies in India. International Research Journal of Management Science & Technology, 17-23.
- Kedah, Z., Ahmed, S., Haque, A. A., & Ismail, Y. (2015, July-December). Key Success Factors of Online Food Ordering Services: An Empirical Study. Malaysian Management Review, 50(2), 19-36.
- Kumari, V. K. (2019, May). A Impact of Customer Behavior Towards Online Food Services. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), 8(1C2), 497-499.
- Liu, W., & Florkowski, W. (2018). Online Meal delivery services: Perception of service quality and delivery speed among Chinese consumers. 2018 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2018, Jacksonville, Florida 266866, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Parashar, N., & Ghadiyali, S. (2017). A study on customer?s attitude and perception towards digital food app services. Retrieved from https://www.amity.edu/gwalior/ajm/paper_5.pdf
- Preetha, S., & Iswarya, S. (2019, January). An Analysis of User Convenience towards Food Online Order and Delivery Application (Food App via Platforms). International Journal of Management, Technology And Engineering, IX(I), 429-433.
- Rathore, S. S., & Chaudhary, M. (2018). Consumer\'s Perception on Online Food Ordering. IJMBS, 8(4), 12-17.
- Sethu, H. S., & Saini, B. (2016, July). Customer Perception and Satisfaction on Ordering Food via Internet, a Case on Foodzoned.Com, In Manipal. Finance and Social Sciences (AP16 Malaysia Conference), 1-13. Retrieved from www.globalbizresearch.org
- Sharma, k., & Waheed, K. A. (2018, October). Consumption of online food app services: An exploratory study among college students in Dubai. Middle East Journal of Business, 13(4), 4-11.
- Sing, P., & Kaur, R. (2018, January). Adoption and Satisfaction Level of Customers Towards Online Fast Food Ordering. Retrieved from http://data.conferenceworld.in/11ICSTM/22.pdf
- Sumathy, N., & Josephin, S. (2017). A study on prospect concernment towards food adjure app. IJARIIE, 3(2), 4905-4910. Retrieved from http://www.ijariie.com/
- Trivedi, S. (2018, September). Consumer perception about online sales of food in Indian consumer market. Proceedings of Academics World 99th International Conference, Paris, France, 27-29.
- Vinaik, A., Goel, R., Sahai, S., & Garg, V. (2019, May). The Study of Interest of Consumers In Mobile Food Ordering Apps. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), 8(1), 3424-3429.
[Aakarsh Gupta, Aman Gupta, Samridh Singh and Varun Surana. (2019); FACTORS AFFECTING ADOPTION OF FOOD DELIVERY APPS. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (10). 587-599] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/9871 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/9871
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.