12Apr 2023


  • Department of Plastic Surgery and Burns, CHU Mohamed VI, Marrakech, Morocco.
Crossref Cited-by Linking logo
  • Abstract
  • Keywords
  • Cite This Article as
  • Corresponding Author

A five-year retrospective study of pregnant womenhospitalized at the Mohamed VI hospital in Marrakech was conducted to determine the etiology and outcome of pregnant patients with burns. Five patients were included and were classified according to gestational age, mechanism of burn, burn characteristics, and maternal and fetal outcome. The average age of patients was 33 years. Total body surface area burned averaged (TBSAB) was 27% (15-40%). Out of the five pregnant patients, one was in her second trimester of pregnancy (20%), while the remaining four were in their third trimester (80%). The average duration of hospitalization was 28 days. Infection was the primary complication observed in all five patients, with the risk of premature delivery being the second most common complication. Three of the patients underwent tocolysis to prevent premature labor, while one gave birth to a premature child. On the other hand, no patient presented a thromboembolic complication. Three patients benefited from a relief incision on admission. Three patients were grafted. The other lesions epidermis through direct healing with a tulle fatty dressing and Agiderm if there is a sign of infection (as silver sulfadiazine is prohibited for pregnant women). This protocol is daily repeated in case of infection. The evolution of pregnancy in our series was marked by the occurrence of repeated threat of premature delivery that we managed for four patients who gave birth at term by V/B without incident, except for one who gave birth by C/Sat32 weeks of amenorrhea.

[Marzak M., Elatiqi O., Laamrani D. and Benchamkha Y. (2023); BURNS IN PREGNANCY: ABOUT FIVE CASES REPORTS AND A REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE Int. J. of Adv. Res. 11 (Apr). 690-693] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com

Marzak mouad



Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/16713      
DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/16713