A REVIEW ON IMPLEMENTATION OF MPPT BASED PHOTOVOLTAIC CONVERTER SYSTEM WITH PSO.
- M.E. (Electrical Power System), Department of Electrical Engineering, SSBTCOET, Jalgaon, Maharashtra, India.
- Department of Electrical Engineering, Ph. D. (Photovolatic Systems), M.Tech.(Energy Engineering), SSBTCOET, Jalgaon, Maharashtra, India.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
Maximum power point tracking (MPPTs) play a vital role in photovoltaic (PV) power systems as it maximize the output power & efficiency of PV systems. MPPTs are used to find and maintain operation at the maximum power point. Title presents in detail implementation of Perturb and Observe MPPT using buck-boost converter. Some results such as current, voltage and output power for various conditions can be recorded. The simulation is possible to carried out in MATLAB/SIMULINK software. The results can be obtained and compared with the theoretical operation which confirm the reliability and performance of the proposed model. It is more efficient, accurate, used rapid and low cost technique without need for complicated mathematical operations. This paper presents Particle Swarm Optimization and Perturbation & Observation techniques to find the optimum operating parameters of a solar photovoltaic panel under varying atmospheric conditions. The terminal voltage, current and corresponding duty-cycle, at which the DC/DC converter should be switched to obtain maximum power output, are determined. Simulation of maximum power point tracking of a solar panel is done, using both methods, in MATLAB. It is observed from the results that the particle swarm optimization based algorithm can track the maximum power point for the whole range of solar data (irradiance and temperature) and has high conversion performance.
- Kim et al. New Maximum Power Point Tracker Using Sliding-Mode Observer for Estimation of Solar Array Current in the Grid-Connected Photovoltaic System. Ieee Transactions On Industrial Elec- Tronics 53 (2006) 1027-1035
- Yinqing Zoua,Youling Yua, Yu Zhangb, Jicheng Lu, \\\"MPPT Control for PV Generation System Based on an Improved Inccond Algorithm\\\", Procedia Engineering 29,105 ? 109, 2012.
- Salas,E.Olias,A.Barrado,A.Lazaro, \\\"Review of the maximum power point tracking algorithms for stand-alone photovoltai csystems\\\", Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 90,1555?1578,2006.
- A Bidyadhar Subudhi and Raseswari Pradhan \\\"Comparative Study on Maximum Power Point Tracking Techniques for Photovoltaic Power Systems\\\", IEEE Transactions On Sustainable Energy 1949-3029,2012.
- Yong Yanga, FangPing Zhaob,\\\"Adaptive perturb and observe MPPT technique for Grid connected Photovoltaic Inverters\\\",International Conference on Power Electronic and Engineering Application,Procedia Engineering 23,468 ? 473, 2011.
- Santos,FernandoAntunes,et all,\\\"A maximum power point tracker for PV systems using a high performance boost converter\\\",Solar Energy 80,772?778, 2006.
- Huan-Liang Tsai, Ci-Siang Tu, and Yi-Jie Su, \\\"Development of Generalized Photovoltaic Model Using MATLAB/SIMULINK\\\", Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, WCECS,Oct 22-24,2008.
- Kahoul et al, Assessing the early degradation of photovoltaic modules performance in the Saharan region, Energy Conversion and Management 82 (2013) 320? 326.
- Carrero, J. Rodrıguez, D. Ramirez,C. Platero, \\\"Simple estimation of PV modules loss resistances for low error modelling\\\", Renewable Energy 35,1103?1108,2010.
- Georgi Hristov Yordanov, Ole-Morten Midtg?rd, Tor Oskar Saetre,\\\"Series resistance determination and further
- Jaen C., Moyano C., Santacruz X., Pou J. and Arias A., 2008. Overview of maximum power point tracking control techniques used in photovoltaic systems. In 15th IEEE International Conference on Electronic Circuits and Systems, Terrassa, 31 August ? 4 September.
- Nafeh, F. H. Fahmy, O. A. Mahgoub, and E. M. El-Zahab, ?Developed algorithm of maximum power tracking for stand-alone photovoltaic system,? Energy Sources, vol. 20, pp. 45?53, Jan. 1998.
- Scheurer et al. Photovoltaic MPPT Charge Controller. Mentor Alan Shaffer Lakeland Electric, Sponsored by Workforce Central Florida, Spring 2012.
[Mahajan Jayesh Ramesh and P. V. Thakre. (2017); A REVIEW ON IMPLEMENTATION OF MPPT BASED PHOTOVOLTAIC CONVERTER SYSTEM WITH PSO. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 5 (3). 1-7] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
North Maharashtra University
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/3475/01 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/3475/01
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.