SERUM INTERLEUKIN 13 (IL-13) LEVELS IN IRAQI CHILDREN WITH NEPHROTIC SYNDROME.
- College of Biotechnology / Al-Nahrain University Baghdad / Iraq.
- Al-Farahidi University college Baghdad / Iraq.
- College of Medicine / Al-Nahrain University Baghdad / Iraq.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
The aim of this study is to compare the levels of IL-13 in children with nephrotic syndrome and healthy control children. Fifty children with NS were divided into four groups: 14 steroid sensitive infrequent relapse (SSIFR), 12 steroid sensitive frequent relapse (SSFR), 9 steroid resistance (SR) and 15 newly diagnosis (ND) compared to twenty-five unrelated healthy children. The serum IL-13 levels for NS patients and healthy control children were measured by R&D quantitative ELISA kit. The results of mean IL-13 level in healthy children serum (205.18 ? 2.61 pg/ml) was significantly lower than children with NS (335.50 ? 40.68 pg/ml). we showed serum IL-13 was increased significantly (P= 0.0271) in children with NS in compared with healthy control children, this raised in IL-13 levels could have a role in nephrotic syndrome pathogenesis.
- Bagga, A. and Mantan, M. (2005). Nephrotic syndrome in children. Indian J. Med. Res., 122(1):13-28.
- Bahbah, M.; El Mashad, G.; Abdelnaby, S. and Azab, H. (2015). Serum immunoglobulin G, M and IgG:IgM ratio as predictors for outcome of childhood nephrotic syndrome. Menoufia medical J., 28: 431-436.
- Cheung, W.; Wei, C.; Seah, C.; Jordan, S. and Yap, H. (2004). Atopy, serumIgE, and interleukin-13 in steroid-responsive nephrotic syndrome. Pediatr. Nephrol, 19: 627-632.
- Eddy, A. and Symons, J. (2003). Nephrotic syndrome in childhood. The Lancet J., 362:629-639.
- Kim, S.; Park, S.; Han, K.; Kronbichler, A.; Saleem, M.; Oh, J.; Lim, B. and Shin, J. (2016). Pathogenesis of minimal change nephrotic syndrome: an immunological concept. Korean J. Pediatr., 59(5): 205-211.
- Lai, K.; Wei, C.; Tan, L.; Tan, P.; Chiang, G.; Lee, C. et al. (2007). Overexpression of interleukin-13 induces minimal-change-likenephropathy in rats. J Am SocNephrol, 18: 1476-1485.
- Mamizadeh, N.; Otukesh, H.; Hoseini, R. and Moshfegh, F. (2017). Serum interleukin 13 level in steroid sensitive nephrotic syndrome. J comprped, 8(3): e12765.
- Medrano, A.; Caceres C.; Via, A.; Perez, M.; Pamplona, I. and Roldan, E. (2012). Biological markers of nephrotic syndrome: a few steps forward in the long way. RevistaNefrologia, 32(5): 558-572.
- Mishra, O.; Abhishek A.; Mishra, R.; Prasad, R. and Pohl, M. (2014). Can we predict relapses in children with idiopathic steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome?. Journal of tropical pediatrics, 59(5): 343-349.
- Park, S.; Saleem, M.; Nam, J.; Ha, T. and Shin, J. (2015). Effects of Interleukin-13 and Montelukast on the Expression of Zonula Occludens-1 in Human Podocytes. Yonsei Med J, 56(2): 426-432.
- Roy, R.; Roy, E.; Rahman, M. and Hossain, M. (2009). Serum immunoglobulin G, M and IgG:IgM ratio as predictors for outcome of childhood nephrotic syndrome. World J. Pediatr, 5(2):127-131.
- Sahali, D.; Lang, P.; Guellaen, G. and Bensman, A. (2002). New insights about immunopathology of lipoid nephrosis. Bull Acad. Natl. Med.,186:683-690.
- (2012). Statistical Analysis System, User\'s Guide. Statistical. Version 9.1th ed. SAS. Inst. Inc. Cary. N.C. USA.
- Vries, J. (1998). The role of IL-13 and its receptor in allergy and inflammatory responses. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol., 102(2): 165-169.
- Wei, C.; Cheung, W.; Heng, C.; Arty, N.; Chong, S.; Lee, B.; et al. (2005). Interleukin-13 genetic polymorphisms in Singapore Chinese children correlate with long-term outcome of minimal-change disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant, 20: 728-734.
- Yap, H.; Cheung, W.; Murugasu, B.; Sim, S.; Seah, C. and Jordan, S. (1999). Th1 and Th2 cytokine mRNA profles in childhood nephrotic syndrome: evidence for increased IL-13 mRNA expression in relapse. J Am SocNephrol, 10: 529-537.
- Zhang, S.; Audard, V.; Fan, Q.; Pawlak, A.; Lang, P. and Sahali, D. (2011). Immunopathogenesis of idiopathic nephrotic syndrome. Contributions to Nephrology, 169:94-106.
[Ammar Basim Al-Assadi, Nidhal A. Mohammed and Shatha H. Ali. (2018); SERUM INTERLEUKIN 13 (IL-13) LEVELS IN IRAQI CHILDREN WITH NEPHROTIC SYNDROME. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 6 (10). 385-388] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
College of Biotechnology / Al-Nahrain University
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/7822 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/7822
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.