BALANCE DISORDERS DUE TO PESTICIDE EXPOSURE IN FARMERS WOMEN IN BANDUNGAN SUB-DISTRICT, SEMARANG DISTRICT.
- Students in the Environmental Health Master\\\'s Program at the Faculty of Public Health, Diponegoro University.
- Teaching Staff for Environmental Health Master\\\'s Program at the Faculty of Public Health, Diponegoro University.
- Cite This Article as
- Corresponding Author
In the development of the agricultural sector, increasing use of pesticides also occurs in almost all agriculture in Indonesia, especially on the island of Java. Acute poisoning because pesticides are a problem in all countries. Estimated number of cases per year is 1-3 million. Mortality rates ranging from 1% to 9% of cases who come for treatment. Most cases of accidental pesticide poisoning are among farmers and farmer families.The study aimed to analyze the relationship of pesticide exposure to balance disorders in farmerswomen in Bandungan Sub-district, Semarang District. This research was observational type with cross sectional design. The sampling technique was nonprobability sampling with purposive sampling. The number of samples in this study were 50 farmerswomen.The results of this study that there were a correlation between cholinesterase levels (p = 0.016), RP = 3.865 (CI) 95% = 1.051?14.214, working period (p = 0.049), RP = 1.957 (CI) 95% = 1.062 - 3.605with balance disorders in farmerswomen in Bandungan Sub-district, Semarang District.There was no correlation betweenpesticide dose (p = 0.839), RP = 1.165 (CI) 95% = 0.65 - 2.088 with balance disorders in farmerswomen in BandunganSub-district, Semarang District. The conclusion of the researchthat there were correlation between cholinesterase levels, working periodwith balance disorders in farmerswomen in BandunganSub-district, Semarang District. There was no correlation betweenthe pesticidedosewith balance disorders in farmerswomen in BandunganSub-district, Semarang District.
- Ardiwinata, a. N. &nursyamsi, d. 2012. Residupestisida di sentraproduksipadi di jawatengah. Pangan, 21.
- Brunton, l. L. (ed.) 2006. Goodman &gilman\\\'s : the pharmacological basis of therapeutics, united states of america: mcgraw-hill medical publishing division.
- Huang, x., zhang, c., hu, r., li, y., yin, y., chen, z., cai, j. & cui, f. 2016. Association between occupational exposures to pesticides with heterogeneous chemical structures and farmer health in china scientific reports 6.
- Singh, d. K. 2012. Toxicology : agriculture and environment. Delhi: benthamebooks.
- Sutarni, s., malueka, r. G. &gofir, a. 2018. Bungarampai vertigo, yogyakarta, gadjahmada university press.
- Beynon, G. J., Baguley, D. M. & Moffat, D. A. Clinical tests of vestibular function in vestibular schwannoma. In: Sterkers, J. M., Charachon, R. & Sterkers, O., eds. Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on acoustic neuroma and 2nd european skull base, 1995 France. Kugler, 87.
- Brooke Salzman, M. 2010. Gait and balance disorders in older adults American Family Physician, 82, 61-68.
- Brunton, L. L. (ed.) 2006. Goodman & Gilman\\\'s : the pharmacological basis of therapeutics, United States of America: McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division.
- Cordeiro, R. C., Jardim, J. R., Perracini, M. R. & Ramos, L. R. 2009. Factors associated with functional balance and mobility among elderly diabetic outpatients. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metab, 53, 834-843.
- Gauchard, G. C., Chau, N., Touron, C., Benamghar, L., Dehaene, D., Perrin, P. & Mur, J.-M. 2003. Individual characteristics in occupational accidents due to imbalance: a case-control study of the employees of a railway company Occup Environ Med, 60, 330-335.
- Huang, X., Zhang, C., Hu, R., Li, Y., Yin, Y., Chen, Z., Cai, J. & Cui, F. 2016. Association between occupational exposures to pesticides with heterogeneous chemical structures and farmer health in china Scientific Reports 6, 1-7.
- Lord, S., Sherrington, C., Menz, H. & Close, J. 2007. Falls in older people New York, Cambridge University Press.
- Miskiyah & Munarso, S. J. 2008. Kontaminasi residu pestisida pada cabai merah, selada, dan bawang merah (studi kasus di bandungan dan brebes jawa tengah serta cianjur jawa barat). Jurnal Hortikultura, 19, 101-111.
- Moylan, K. C. & Binder, E. F. 2007. Falls in older adults : risk assessment, management and prevention. The American Journal of Medicine, 120.
- Pertanian, D. J. P. d. S. 2012. Pedoman teknis kajian pestisida terdaftar dan beredar ta.2012. Direktorat Pupuk dan Pestisida Kementerian Pertanian.
- Rodgers, A. B. 2018. Exercise & physical activity National Institute on aging.
- Sihvonen, S. 2004. Postural balance and aging : cross-sectional comparative studies and a balance training intervention. University of Jyv?skyl?.
- Singh, D. K. 2012. Toxicology : agriculture and environment. Delhi: Bentham eBooks.
- Skelton, D. & Todd, C. 2004. What are the main risk factors for falls amongst older people and what are the most effective interventions to prevent these falls? . WHO.
- Sutarni, S., Malueka, R. G. & Gofir, A. 2018. Bunga rampai vertigo, Yogyakarta, Gadjah Mada University Press.
[Shalihat Afifah Dhaningtyas, Onny Setiani And Nurjazuli. (2019); BALANCE DISORDERS DUE TO PESTICIDE EXPOSURE IN FARMERS WOMEN IN BANDUNGAN SUB-DISTRICT, SEMARANG DISTRICT. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 7 (2). 63-67] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
Students in the Environmental Health Master\\\'s Program at the Faculty of Public Health, Diponegoro University
Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/8463 DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/8463
Share this article
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.